David Einhorn, Richard Chilton, and Prem Watsa Speaking at Capitalize for Kids Investors Conference
ValueWalk will be covering the conference so stay tuned.
Up-and-Coming Small- and Mid-cap Portfolio Managers #MICUS (Morningstar Conference)
2016 Hedge Fund Letters
Capitalize For Kids Conference – Full Notes –
TORONTO, ON, March 16, 2017 – Capitalize for Kids is pleased to announce the initial speaker lineup for the 4th annual Capitalize for Kids Investors Conference, taking place on October 18-19, 2017 at Arcadian Court in Toronto. World-renowned, billionaire investors like David Einhorn, Richard Chilton, and Prem Watsa will present their best investment ideas to an audience of money managers, family offices and institutional investors. As a non-profit conference, organizers expect to raise $1.5 million for children’s brain and mental health initiatives.
Capitalize For Kids
“The conference is a unique opportunity for Toronto’s financial professionals to see internationally recognized investors speak in their own backyard,” said Jeff Gallant, Co-Founder of Capitalize for Kids. “We believe this is the best lineup that we have ever put together and there’s still more to come.”
Since 2014, the conference has raised over $4 million for children’s brain and mental health. The funds have supported research and services at leading organizations like The Hospital for Sick Children, Holland Bloorview and The Hincks-Dellcrest Centre. Capitalize for Kids has developed a unique model of providing funding along with pro-bono professional services to their beneficiaries. This ensures that their support has the greatest possible impact.
The current lineup of speakers for the 2017 Capitalize for Kids Investors Conference includes:
- Aaron Cowen, Founder and Portfolio Manager, Suvretta Capital
- Dan Dreyfus, Partner, 3G Capital
- Brad Dunkley, Co-Founder, Co-CEO and Portfolio Manager, Waratah Capital Advisors
- David Einhorn, President, Greenlight Capital, Inc.
- Ted Goldthorpe, Managing Partner, BC Partners
- Samantha Greenberg, Managing Partner and Chief Investment Officer, Margate Capital
- Christian Lassonde, Founder & Managing Partner, Impression Ventures
- Blair Levinsky, Co-Founder, Co-CEO and Portfolio Manager, Waratah Capital Advisors
- Jeffrey Olin, President, CEO and Portfolio Manager of Vision Capital Corporation
- Richard Pilosof, Chief Executive Officer, RP Investment Advisors
- Mike Quinn, Chief Investment Officer, RP Investment Advisors
- Ajay Royan, Co-Founder and Managing General Partner, Mithril Capital Management
- Jeffrey Smith, Managing Member, Chief Executive Officer, and Chief Investment Officer of Starboard Value LP
- Prem Watsa, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited
- Many More Still To Be Announced
For more information about the Capitalize for Kids Investors Conference, visit www.capitalizeforkids.org/conference
About Capitalize for Kids
Capitalize for Kids is a Canadian non-profit with the mission of solving the toughest challenges in children’s brain and mental health. Established in 2013, Capitalize for Kids follows a unique fundraising model, which leverages strong relationships with the financial community to drive donations towards brain and mental health initiatives at The Hospital for Sick Children and beyond. Since its inception, the organization has raised $4 million in support of children’s brain and mental health issues. To learn more, visit www.capitalizeforkids.org