LONDON, UK – 5 December 2016 – The organizing committee of the Sohn London Investment Conference has been named in the prestigious Financial News (FN) Extra Mile 40 list which seeks to celebrate the “true heroes of finance.” The committee is led by Manuel Stotz and includes Piers Butler, Alexandre Casin, Dina Geha and Armenio Keusseyan.
Founded in 2014, The FN Extra Mile 40 was set up to recognise those in finance who make the biggest contribution to helping others, not just in terms of money, but also in terms of time and innovation. With several hundred nominations, the Financial News editorial team chose a shortlist which was presented to a judging panel drawn from the world of philanthropy.
Sohn London Investment Conference
The Sohn London Investment Conference committee was praised for its global thinking and dedication to raising funds for paediatric cancer. Financial News recognised the innovative approach the committee members took towards encouraging members of the hedge fund community to raise funds for their cause with their unique model of investment conferences. The Sohn concept of “investing for good” was the first investment conference that dedicated its proceeds to charity. The unique Sohn Conference format sees leading figures from the hedge fund world each pitch high conviction investment ideas. Delegates pay to attend and all proceeds raised go to the Foundation.
Over the past five years, the Sohn London Investment Conference has evolved to become one of London’s most influential investor forums and a premier charity event –? providing crucial funding to support medical research and cancer treatment for children across the UK. To date it has raised over $1 million through its annual conference.
The 2016 Conference will take place on 8 December at the Marriott, Grosvenor Square. All proceeds from this year’s conference will support The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity, providing crucial funding to support medical research and cancer treatment for children across the UK.
As in previous years, the Sohn Conference Foundation would like to give you an early heads up on the speaker line up for this year’s Sohn Conference in London which is taking place on 8th December.
Sohn London Investment Conference 2016 – Speakers Confirmed
The line-up includes:
- Elif Aktug, Agora Fund Manager, Pictet Asset Management Ltd
- Iván Martin Aranguez, Founding Partner and CIO, Magallanes Value Investors, S.A. S.G.I.I.C.
- Robert Bishop, Founder and Managing Principal, Impala Asset Management
- Bo Börtemark, Co-Founder and Portfolio Manager, Carve Capital AB
- Dureka Carrasquillo, Senior Portfolio Manager, Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board
- Marc Chatin, Partner and Co-Portfolio Manager, Parus Fund
- Adrian Croxson, Head of European Equities, Och-Ziff Management Europe Limited
- Anne-Sophie D’Andlau, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, CIAM
- Ashish Goyal, Portfolio Manager, Citadel Investment Group
- Christopher Hohn, Founder, Managing Director and Portfolio Manager, TCI Fund Management Limited (TCI)
- David Jones, Founder and CEO, You & Mr. Jones
- Erik Karlsson, Founding Partner and CIO, Bodenholm Capital AB
- Mans Larsson, Founder and CIO, Makuria Investment Management
- Michel Massoud, Founder and CIO, Melqart Asset Management
- Masroor Siddiqui, Co-Founder and CIO, Naya Capital Management UK Limited
- Nicolas Walewski, Founder, Portfolio Manager and Managing Director, Alken Asset Management
For more information about the Sohn London Conference, visit www.sohnconference.com/london/, Follow Sohn on Twitter @SohnConf, #SohnLDN2016 – for meeting updates, news and highlights.
About The Sohn Conference Foundation
The Sohn Conference Foundation is dedicated to the treatment and cure of paediatric cancer and other childhood diseases. The Foundation supports cutting–?edge medical research, state–?of–?the–?art research equipment, and innovative programs to ensure that children with cancer survive and thrive. The Foundation raises its funds through premier investment conferences and special events, including the renowned annual New York Sohn Investment Conference.
Founded in 1995, the Conference honors the memory of Ira Sohn, a Wall Street professional who lost his battle with cancer at age 29. The Foundation has expanded its reach to include Sohn Australia Conference, Sohn Canada Conference, Sohn Hong Kong Conference, Sohn India Conference, Sohn London Conference, Sohn San Francisco Conference and Sohn Tel Aviv Conference. To date, the Foundation has raised $75 million. More information on the Sohn Conference Foundation can be found here: www.sohnconference.org
About Financial News
Financial News, the online daily news service and weekly newspaper, is the leading source of information about the investment banking, fund management and securities industries. Financial News is owned by Dow Jones & Company. The Dow Jones franchise also includes The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, Factiva and Marketwatch.
For more information about Financial News, please visit http://www.efinancialnews.com/