We already procured a list of 2016 best books based on our reader purchases which was obviously heavily geared towards investing. Below we have a list of general books which we think are among the top books in 2016. Although 2016 was a record year for me and I read over 100 books I have not read a single one below.
That said, these books are interesting and vary across genre and in particular I am interested in Dark Money. Although, my politics would dissuade me from the book I try to read based on value add which includes books where I do not agree and often times disagree with; Even books I consider totally off and find thoroughly unconvincing such as AJP Taylor‘s “The Origin’s Of The Second World War” I find value add seeing another opinion and usually up learning a thing or two from.
Anyway, below is the list and a short video we made on the top ten list below. Before we get to the list and video make sure to check out.
The 10 best books of 2016
Also check out Amazon for some great deals on books, especially for prime members
- The Association of Small Bombs by Karan Mahajan
- At the Existentialist Café: Freedom, Being, and Apricot Cocktails by Sarah Bakewell
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- The Vegetarian by By Han Kang. Translated by Deborah Smith
- War and Turpentine by Stefan Hertmans. Translated by David McKay
- The North Water by Ian McGuire
- Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right by Jane Mayer
- Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond
- The Return: Fathers, Sons and the Land in Between by Hisham Matar
- In the Darkroom by Susan Faludi
2016 best books – would you add any or subtract any from list? Did you read any or plan to read – comment below and let us know what you think.