Apple’s App Store rules are clear for everyone to see; however, now and again an app slips through the net. One such application was the recorder app Vidyo, which remained on the App Store for 24 hours before being pulled. It was pulled because it violated Apple’s Terms of Service by using private APIs. Fortunately, there is a way you can use it on iOS 10 without having to jailbreak your iPhone.
Vidyo on iOS 10, no jailbreak required
As apps go, Vidyo offered a lot for $4.99, appealing to many because it did what it was supposed too. On a very basic level, it offered a spotless and efficient screen recording solution. However, Apple doesn’t like violations of its Terms and Conditions, so here’s how you can sideload it onto your iPhone running on iOS 10.
Before we start, you must have a Windows PC or a Mac for this tutorial. Also make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed; if not, update it before moving forward.
Voss Capital is betting on a housing market boom
The Voss Value Fund was up 4.09% net for the second quarter, while the Voss Value Offshore Fund was up 3.93%. The Russell 2000 returned 25.42%, the Russell 2000 Value returned 18.24%, and the S&P 500 gained 20.54%. In July, the funds did much better with a return of 15.25% for the Voss Value Fund Read More
How To sideload Vidyo
- Start by downloading the Vidyo app IPA file.
- Next, you need the latest version of Cydia Impactor for Mac or Windows. When you have it, extract the files and keep them in an easily accessible place on your computer.
- Now connect your iOS 10 device to your Mac or Windows computer. ONLY DO THIS IF YOU HAVE UPDATED iTUNES.
- Find Cydia Impactor, which you downloaded in step two, on your computer and Launch the exe file.
- Cydia should now recognize your device; select it in the dropdown.
- Find the Vidyo API file you downloaded in step one and drag it into the Cydia window.
- You will now be asked to enter an Apple ID for a developer account. You now have a choice. If you enter a valid ID for a paid developer account, the app’s certificate will last for 12 months. However, if you choose to enter a free account ID, the certificate will last only 7 days and you will have to repeat this process again.
- For a free Apple ID, go here and look for APP-SPECIFIC PASSWORDS, and then click Generate Password.
- Once you have entered your Apple ID, Cydia will begin to sideload Vidyo onto your iOS 10 device. It is advised that you be patient while this process continues; do not touch your iPhone.
- Now that the app has been sideloaded, you should be able to see the Vidyo icon on your HomeScreen. DO NOT TAP IT. Instead, go to Settings –> General –> Profiles.
- There you will find the Vidyo app profile. Tap it and trust the certificate.
While sideloading an app using Cydia Impactor is an easy process, the reason this app and many others have been removed from the App Store is security. Apple takes the safety of its devices and their users seriously. So you should think twice before sideloading applications onto your iOS 10 device.
On the other hand, you can now go and find out if the app is of any use to you… Enjoy! In the meantime, to get a SEGA and Nintendo gaming emulator for iOS 10, see here.