Last week I published the first part of a conversation I had recorded with Daniel Want, the CIO at Prerequisite Capital Management.
Today I have the second part of our conversation for you. In it Daniel and I dug into:
- The collapse in collateral in the system.
- How derivatives pose systemic risk as high quality collateral is diminishing in the global economy and derivative exposure relative to this collateral has risen, creating counterparts risks.
- Why and how trust is the basis for the development of high quality collateral and how this and all the other metrics Daniel measures are pointing down.
- Daniel’s model for an investment portfolio that is both resilient AND efficient.
- How Daniel focuses on analyzing multi-year trends in asset classes.
I invite you to listen to the second part here:
John Buckingham: Busting the Myths & Seven “Valuable” Themes for 2021 [ValueWalk Webinar slides and video]
John Buckingham's presentation titled, 'Busting the Myths & Seven "Valuable" Themes for 2021'. The webinar for ValueWalk Premium members took place on 2/23/2021, and was followed by a Q&A. Stay tuned for our next webinar, Q4 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more John Buckingham Principal, Portfolio Manager, Kovitz Editor of The Prudent Speculator newsletter Read More
Direct download link (right-click and choose “Save As”)
“Derivatives are like sex. It’s not who we’re sleeping with, it’s who they’re sleeping with that’s the problem.” ? Warren Buffett