For the last few weeks, Samsung has been frantically recalling the affected Galaxy Note 7 devices worldwide. Earlier this week, the company said it had extended the refund deadline in its home country until next Friday. Now a Samsung executive in Europe has confirmed that the company plans to relaunch the safe Note 7s by the end of November.
Samsung won’t scale back Galaxy Note 7 marketing plans
The Korean electronics giant has pledged not to launch new models until it has fully completed the exchange of all the Galaxy Note 7 units with faulty batteries. Samsung’s chief marketing officer in Europe David Lowes told Reuters that even though the new Note 7s will arrive well before the end of the fourth quarter, it could be early 2017 before Samsung fully recovers from the global recall.
Most of the affected phones shipped to Europe were sold in three major markets: Germany, Britain, and France. Samsung is working with telecom operators, retail outlets, and consumers to get the affected devices replaced. The Samsung executive said the company was confident that it would regain the lost ground by the end of this year. Despite the battery issue damaging its reputation, Samsung does not intend to scale back on the marketing plans for the Galaxy Note 7.
Partners Group provides capital for Taxfix, Litera
Partners Group Private Equity gained in May. The net asset value for Class I rose 3.5%, while the net asset value for Class A grew 3.4%. The total fund size increased to $5.6 billion. For the first five months of the year, Class A is down 4.4%, while Class I is down 4.2%. Q1 2020 Read More
About 50% of affected Galaxy Note 7 units replaced in the US
On September 2, Samsung recalled more than 2.5 million Note 7s worldwide after reports that the phone’s batteries were overheating and exploding. There have been more than 100 confirmed reports of Note 7 battery explosions, causing property damages and severe injuries to users. The recall could cost Samsung billions of dollars in lost revenues.
In the United States, Samsung said about 500,000 of one million Galaxy Note 7s had been turned in by Thursday. Most customers opted for a replacement device rather than a refund or another Samsung smartphone. Some Note 7 owners complained about Samsung’s handling of the recall process. In South Korea, regulators have asked the company to perform X-ray scans on batteries to ensure safety.