Three Concepts That Investors Get Wrong by Meb Faber
Guest: Episode 6 is just Meb without a guest.
Topics: Do you know which three concepts most investors – retail and professional alike – get wrong? One is asset allocation; two is a bit different – it’s actually a lack of awareness of a type of investment that actually pays you to own it (confused?); third is a misconception about dividends and dividend stocks. Diving in, when it comes to asset allocation, different institutions and money managers often suggest significantly different asset allocations. So which allocation is the most effective? Turns out that’s the wrong question. There’s a far more important issue lurking here. Meb will tell you what it is. Next, we move on to a discussion few investors know about. It involves a way to be paid to own a fund. Interested? Finally, Meb risks alienating more than a handful of listeners by presenting an unorthodox perspective on dividend investing. But if you’re a dividend investor, you need to hear what he’s saying. Turns out there’s a tweak on a traditional dividend strategy that produced significantly better results when back-tested. Learn what this tweak is, and far more, on Episode 6 of The Meb Faber Show.
Episode Sponsor: TheIdeaFarm.com
To listen to Episode #6 on iTunes, click here
To listen to Episode #6 on Stitcher, click here
To listen to Episode #6 on Pocket Casts click here
To stream Episode #6, click here
Links from the Episode:
- “Which Institution Has the Best Asset Allocation Model?” – Meb Faber
- “Should A Robot Be Managing CalPERS Portfolio?” – Meb Faber
- “Do Managers Eat Their Own Cooking?” – Russ Kinnell
- “Why You Should Invest with Managers Who Eat Their Own Cooking” – Russ Kinnell
- “Understanding Securities Lending in ETFs” – Morningstar
- iShares Securities Lending and here
- Vanguard Securities Lending and here
- “What A Great Time to be an Investor!” – Meb Faber
- “What You Don’t Want to Hear About Dividend Stocks” – Meb Faber
- “How Much Are Those Dividends Costing You?” – Meb Faber
- “The Pepsi Challenge” – Meb Faber
Running Segment: “Things I find beautiful, useful or downright magical”:
Read the full transcript here.