Early last week Apple launched the highly-anticipated iOS 10 beta, and this version comes with some very exciting and unique features including an improved messages app, Apple Music and a Siri SDK and more! As it stands, to get your hands on a copy of the beta version you need to be a member of the Apple Developers program, to test it. So, if that’s you and you want to know how you can go about doing so, follow the instructions below and you will soon be enjoying what iOS 10 beta has to offer.
How to Upgrade and Install iOS 10
Before I start with the actual tutorial, there are a few things you should know.
A Look Back At Warren Buffett’s Best and Worst Oil & Gas Investments
Warren Buffett is perhaps best known for his large investments in some of the world's most recognizable brands, companies like Coca-Cola, American Express and Apple. Q1 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more Companies that fit into this bracket seem to fall squarely within his circle of competence. They sell a product that's easy to Read More
- You do need to be a member of the Apple Developers Program to take advantage of this tutorial. Currently, Apple is offering this for the price of £99 per year.
- I advise you to backup all of the data on your device to iCloud or Itunes. That way if anything does go wrong you can save everything.
With the release of iOS 10 Apple announced what devices it would be compatible with, and they are as follows: iPhone 5 and newer models. You should have iPod 6th generation. iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, 3, 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, and 12.9-inch iPad pro.
Assign your Device for Dev and Testing
Before you start, you will have to make sure that your iPhone is assigned for development and testing. After doing so, you will be able to download iOS 10 beta and install it. To do that, follow these instructions.
- You need to register on the Apple Developer program website and then log-on to your account.
- Next, find and click on certificates, identifiers, and profiles.
- Check for all under devices and then click it.
- Now, you need to enter the UDID of your iPhone.
How to Get Yourself a UDID
Make sure that your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch is connected to either a Mac or Windows-based PC and launch iTunes, and then click the iOS icon. Now, find and click on the serial number and you will see it change to a UDID. Now, copy the UDID number to your clipboard.
- Using the link I gave you earlier, again visit the developer website and enter the UDID and device name, once you have done this, click on the continue button.
- Now, before you click register check over your details to make sure they are correct.
- When you have checked the details and clicked register, click done and your registration is complete.
How to Install iOS 10 beta with a Configuration Profile
- On the developer download page, you should be able to see a configuration profile. Download it.
- There is an option for you to download the configuration profile directly onto your iPhone. Do that, and then follow the instructions.
- As an iPhone user, you have the option to download the configuration profile file to either a Mac or Windows PC. You can also email the file, which has been associated with your iOS device. Doing it this way means that you need to check your mail, and then tap on the configuration profile file and again follow the available instructions.
- You now need to connect your iOS device to the internet using WiFi.
- Next, open settings > General > Software update and then tap download and install.
- If your iOS device has a security passcode at this point make sure you enter it.
Download Xcode 8 Beta
You will now need to download Xcode 8 Beta from the Apple Developer website to install iOS 10, once you have completed the above that’s it you can now enjoy what iOS 10 has to offer.