With over 700-million active users WhatsApp has become one of the most popular messaging apps of all time. And as such, it is easy to understand why some users may want to have more than one active account at the same time.
You may be asking yourself if it is even possible to have more than one account on a single Android phone? The answer to that is yes, but it not a simple process as installing it twice, it is a much more involved process. Exactly how you can go about getting it to work will depend on whether your Android device is rooted or not.
In this article I will cover two methods, one with a rooted Android handset and the other without a rooted handset.
Two WhatsApp Accounts with a Rooted Device
Before I move forward with this, how to please only continue with this part if you have an Android phone that is rooted. If you do not know whether your phone is rooted there is a near 100% chance that it is not. If your handset was purchased as used you may want to ask the original owner, he or she could have rooted it.
Step by Step Guide:
- This link will take you to Google Play where you will need to download and install the2 lines app.
- Once downloaded and installed open the app.
- You now need to set the super permissions, you will be asked to in a pop-up, click on grant.
- Now you can add a new line for WhatsApp ..
- Add your number and that is it, you now have a dual WhatsApp account.
How to have Two WhatsApp Accounts without a Rooted Device
For a long time it was only possible to have two WhatsApp account with a rooted device however, thanks to clever programmers and an army of testers it has become possible. This method uses an app called Whatsmapp, it is the software which will make the process of having two accounts possible for you.
The only stipulation here is with this method is that you have a smartphone which has at least a dual-sim, this will enable you to register different phone numbers for each WhatsApp account.
Step by Step Guide:
- I am sending you to download some software for which you should run a complete virus scan. Click here to go to the WhatsMapp download page.
- After running a virus scan, download and install WhatsMapp on your handset.
- Now register your second number with the new WhatsApp account and that is it.
So that was the two methods which will enable you to have two WhatsApp accounts on one Android phone. Both are simple to follow, just read the step-by step-guides and if you have any questions or want to share your experiences, get in touch below in the comments section.
Also Check This Post For Running Two WhatsApp Accounts On Both Android And iPhone Guide.