2016 Sohn Investment Conference Speakers a nice list!
David Einhorn, Jeffrey Gundlach, and Larry Robbins are among the distinguished investors that will speak at the upcoming 21st Annual 2016 Sohn Investment Conference. Taking place May 4, 2016 at Lincoln Center in New York City, the conference will once again rally the global financial community to support the fight against pediatric cancer.
Stone House Capital Partners returned 4.1% for September, bringing its year-to-date return to 72% net. The S&P 500 is up 14.3% for the first nine months of the year. Q3 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more Stone House follows a value-based, long-long term and concentrated investment approach focusing on companies rather than the market Read More
Please see the full speaker lineup below. ValueWalk will be covering the event so please stay tuned for this awesome line-up.
WORLD’S TOP INVESTORS TO REVEAL FRESH MARKET IDEAS AT 21ST ANNUAL SOHN INVESTMENT CONFERENCE
2016 Sohn Investment Conference Speakers
New York, NY – March 23, 2016 – The Sohn Conference Foundation, in partnership with CNBC, today announced the speaker lineup for its 21st Annual Sohn Investment Conference and 3rd Annual Next Wave Sohn, to be held May 4, 2016 at Lincoln Center in New York City. Since its inception in 1995 as the original investment idea conference, the Sohn Conference remains the world’s most anticipated investment event, convening the global financial community for an exciting day of market insights, while raising critical funds to combat pediatric cancer and other childhood diseases. The Sohn Conference has raised more than $65 million to date.
“The Sohn Investment Conference has been the industry pioneer for more than 20 years, and the caliber of our speakers sets the standard for excellence globally,” said Douglas Hirsch, Co-Chair of The Sohn Conference Foundation. “The remarkable growth of the conference has allowed the Foundation to fund the most innovative initiatives that are creating life-saving results for children with cancer around the world.”
“We are thrilled to partner with The Sohn Conference Foundation for this important event, which not only raises money for a very worthy cause, but is also a dynamic and exciting news-packed conference,” said Nikhil Deogun, SVP and Editor in Chief of CNBC Business News. “Through CNBC’s global reach and multiple platforms, we look forward to amplifying the Sohn Conference’s impact in the investment community and beyond.”
The speaker lineup for the 21st Annual Sohn Investment Conference:
- Dan Ariely, James B. Duke Professor of Psychology & Behavioral Economics, Duke University
- Carson Block, Chief Investment Officer, Muddy Waters Capital LLC
- James Chanos, Founder and Managing Partner, Kynikos Associates LP
- Richard Deitz, Founder, President and Fund Manager, VR Capital Group Ltd.
- Stanley Druckenmiller, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Duquesne Family Office LLC
- David Einhorn, President, Greenlight Capital, Inc.
- Adam Fisher, Co-Founder and Chief Investment Officer, Commonwealth Opportunity Capital GP LLC
- Jeffrey Gundlach, Chief Executive Officer, DoubleLine Capital LP
- John Khoury, Founder and Managing Partner, Long Pond Capital, LP
- Chamath Palihapitiya, Founder and CEO, Social Capital LP
- Larry Robbins, Founder, Portfolio Manager and CEO, Glenview Capital Management LLC
- Zachary Schreiber, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer, PointState Capital LP
- Jeffrey Smith, Managing Member, Chief Executive Officer, and Chief Investment Officer, Starboard Value LP
In addition to the flagship afternoon program, this year’s conference will feature the 3rd Annual Next Wave Sohn. Next Wave Sohn is the premier platform for the brightest rising stars in the global financial community to share their best investment picks, paralleling the distinctive format of the Sohn Investment Conference. Conference attendees are welcome to RSVP for Next Wave Sohn at no additional cost, and there will also be a limited quantity of tickets available for Next Wave Sohn in isolation.
“Next Wave Sohn builds on the Sohn Investment Conference’s long history of providing opportunities for the best investors to share their insights, all to benefit a worthy cause,” said Graham Duncan, Board Member of The Sohn Conference Foundation and Co-Chair of Next Wave Sohn. “We have recruited a stellar lineup that represents some of the top talent who have launched new funds in the last several years, and we look forward to hearing their investment ideas.”
2016 Sohn Investment Conference Speakers – The speaker lineup for Next Wave Sohn:
- David D’Alessandro, Founder and Chief Investment Officer, CMDTY Capital Management, LP
- Nicholas Danaher, Founder and Portfolio Manager, Domando Capital Management LP
- Genevieve Kahr, Founder and Managing Partner, Ailanthus Capital Management, LP
- Davide Leone, Founder, Davide Leone and Partners Investment Company LLP
- David Rosen, Portfolio Manager, Rubric Capital Management, LLC
- Nick Tiller, Founder and Portfolio Manager, Precocity Capital LP
2016 Sohn Investment Conference Speakers
For more information about the Sohn Investment Conference, visit http://www.sohnconference.org.