Samsung has decided not to launch a bigger Galaxy S7 Edge+ in the UK after severe backlash from loyal fans of Galaxy Note line. The Korean electronics giant was rumored to unveil three versions of Galaxy S7, with the other two being S7 Edge and a bigger S7 Edge+. But now the company has decided to kill off the S7 Edge+ in the UK at least. It is still unclear whether the company would outright abandon the phone or pull it from the UK and a few other markets.

Samsung Not To Launch Galaxy S7 Edge+ In UK After Backlash

Note fans are against the Galaxy S7 Edge+

A senior telecom executive told Forbes that backlash from Note fans was the primary reason behind the move. Last year, Samsung surprised its European customers by not launching the Galaxy Note 5 there. Instead, the company had launched Galaxy S6 Edge+, which failed to excite Note fans because it lacked many of their favorite features like S Pen stylus.

The executive added that the S6 Edge+ was a “disappointment sales-wise” and not launching Note 5 in Europe was a big mistake. So, the company has decided to bring the Galaxy Note 6 to Europe in August or September, and skip the S7 Edge+. The Note line has its own fan following around the world. Another reason for not bringing the Galaxy S7 Edge+ to Europe could be that its predecessor, the S6 Edge+, didn’t sell in large numbers.

Samsung says clues hidden in Unpacked invitation

The Korean company is gearing up to take the wraps off the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge at its Unpacked event in Barcelona on February 21. The phones will hit the store shelves on March 11. Earlier this week, the two phones passed the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) certification website. The dual-edge Galaxy S7 Edge is said to have a 5.5-inch display while the standard Galaxy S7 will feature a 5.1-inch screen.

In an attempt to create buzz ahead of the official unveiling, Samsung has published a blog post saying the Galaxy S7 Unpacked event invitation holds clues about what to expect at the event.