Pentair, Cardica, Casella Waste Systems: This Week In Activism by Stock Pucker
Somewhat quiet week. We still have our Activist Ideas in beta. If interested in getting two-weeks free, drop me an email.
This Week In Activism – Sept. 15
In his book, The Dhandho Investor: The Low–Risk Value Method to High Returns, Mohnish Pabrai coined an investment approach known as "Heads I win; Tails I don't lose much." Q3 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more The principle behind this approach was relatively simple. Pabrai explained that he was only looking for securities with Read More
- Broadfin Capital takes Cardica to task over the poor work of the board in a letter.
- JCP Investment is still at it with Casella Waste Systems, pushing the company to put two nominees on the board.
- Mill Road is looking to buy Learning Tree International for $1.80 a share.
- Trian Partners and Nelson Peltz got a board member on the Pentair air board.
- EJF Capital has a 5.4% stake in Alexander & Baldwin. The fund is looking to discuss spinning off the real estate leasing business.
- Praesidium Investment is active on Flotek Industries with a 5.2% stake. It’s looking to break the company up
- Burlingame Asset is active on Sycamore Networks looking to change the corporate governance.
From the web—
- The juiciest bits from Bill Ackman’s crusade against Herbalife
- Nelson Peltz and activist investors are not as evil as you think
- Activists looking overseas as U.S. markets get crowded
Email us at [email protected] with questions or feedback. Until next week.