Apple officially unveiled the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus at a media event in San Francisco on Wednesday. Though the new phones resemble their predecessors in terms of design, they bring some major enhancements. The iPhone 6S and its bigger sibling come with 3D Touch display, an improved 12MP main camera, A9 processor, faster TouchID, and Series 7000 aluminum body.
iPhone 6S pre-order begin Sept.12
Apple said it will start accepting pre-orders for the new phones starting September 12. The devices will go for sale in 12 countries on Sept.25. These 12 countries are: Australia, China, France, Canada, Germany, United States, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Japan, Puerto Rico, the UK, and Singapore. If you are looking to buy the iPhone 6S or 6S Plus, you must be wondering how much it would cost in your country.
Value Partners Asia ex-Japan Equity Fund has delivered a 60.7% return since its inception three years ago. In comparison, the MSCI All Counties Asia (ex-Japan) index has returned just 34% over the same period. The fund, which targets what it calls the best-in-class companies in "growth-like" areas of the market, such as information technology and Read More
Apple said the new iPhones will retain the same price bands as their predecessors in the United States. It means the 16GB base model iPhone 6S would cost $199 on-contract, while the cheapest 6S Plus will set you back by $299 on-contract. If you want to pay in full, the iPhone 6S costs $649 (16GB), $749 (64GB), and $849 (128GB). Add an extra $100 for the same storage option of the 6S Plus.
Apple has become up with an interesting payment plan. The company allows users to lease a new iPhone for just $32 per month, and return it to get a newer model every year. Apple has made the deal a bit more lucrative by including the AppleCare+ warranty.
- iPhone 6S: AUD1079 (16GB), AUD1229 (64GB), AUD1379 (128GB)
- iPhone 6S Plus:AUD1229 (16GB), AUD1379 (64GB), AUD1529 (128GB)
- iPhone 6S: CAD 899 (16GB), CAD 1029 (64GB), CAD1159 (128GB)
- iPhone 6S Plus: CAD 1029 (16GB), CAD 1159 (64GB), CAD 1289 (128GB)
Germany and France
- iPhone 6S: EUR 739 (16GB), EUR 849 (64GB), EUR 959 (128GB)
- iPhone 6S Plus: EUR 849 (16GB), EUR 949 (64GB), EUR 1069 (128GB)
- iPhone 6S: GBP 539 (16GB), GBP 619 (64GB), GBP 699 (128GB)
- iPhone 6S Plus: GBP 619 (16GB), GBP 699 (64GB), GBP 789 (128GB)
- iPhone 6S: CNY 5288 (16GB), CNY 6088 (64GB), CNY 6888 (128GB)
- iPhone 6S Plus: CNY 6088 (16GB), CNY 6888 (64GB), CNY 7788 (128GB)
- iPhone 6S: HKD 5588 (16GB), HKD 6388 (64GB), HKD 7188 (128GB)
- 6S Plus: HKD 6388 (16GB), HKD 7188 (64GB), HKD 8088 (128GB)
- iPhone 6S: SGD 1048 (16GB), SGD 1218 (64GB), SGD 1388 (128GB)
- 6S Plus: SGD 1218 (16GB), SGD 1388 (64GB), SGD 1558 (128GB)
Apple also launched the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, a revamped Apple TV, and a refreshed iPad mini 4 at the same event. The company said the iOS 9 for iPhones, iPads, and iPods will be available for download on Sept.16. The new iPhones will have iOS 9 pre-installed when they go on sale on Sept.25.