We think that cryptocurrency will remain in the trough for some time, but there are many reasons to believe that a robust foundation is being built for these technologies.
Here are five reasons to be bullish on Bitcoin:
- Venture capitalists continue to invest in Bitcoin. In 2015, $1 billion was invested in startups focusing on the technology, a 300% increase.
- Daily transaction volume and users continue to increase. There are 10,000 new users every day.
- Bitcoin has been declared dead by media 72 times, and it has survived 48 scandals. Resilience is key.
- Blockchain technology has been proposed for use in 90+ different purposes, ranging from networks of ownerless, self-driving cars to financial derivatives. By the way, the big banks announced even they are using blockchain technology for payments.
- There are now 29 bitcoin-friendly nations.
Infographic source: Holy Transaction