HP announced the future boards of directors for both Hewlett-Packard Enterprises and HP Inc as part of its preparation to separate its business into two industry-leading companies on November 1, 2015.
Hewlett-Packard conducted a comprehensive evaluation of the personal and professional qualifications of executives specific to the needs of HP Inc and Hewlett Packard Enterprises. The Board of each company will be composed of current HP board members and several new directors.
Pros And Cons Of Tail Risk Funds
Editor’s note: This article is part of a series ValueWalk is doing on tail risk hedge funds. The series is based on over a month of research and discussions with over a dozen experts in the field. All the content will be first available to our premium subscribers and some will be released at a Read More
The new Board of each company will take effect following the completion of the separation. James Skinner decided to resign as the board member after the split due to his increased workload as Executive Chairman of Walgreens Boots Alliance.
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Board composition
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise will provide technology solutions needed by customers to optimize their traditional IT and help build a secure, cloud-enabled & mobile-ready infrastructure.
Meg Whitman will lead Hewlett Packard Enterprise following the completion of the separation.
Pat Russo will serve as Chairman of the board of directors of Hewlett-Packard Enterprise. He is currently serving as lead independent director of HP. Mr. Russo previously served as CEO of Alcatel-Lucent and Chairman, President and CEO of Lucent Technologies.
In a statement, Mr. Russo said, “We set out to create two Boards with the most experienced, global-minded and diverse members we could find to help each company win in their unique markets. In addition to their collective business acumen, the new board members have worked in more than a dozen countries around the world. They will provide strong leadership and invaluable insights into international operations, market opportunities and effective governance.”
The other members of the board of Hewlett-Packard Enterprise will include:
- Dan Ammann, president of General Motors
- Marc Andreessen, co-founder AH Capital Management
- Michael Angelakis, Comcast Senior Advisor to the Executive Management Committee
- Leslie A. Brun, Chairman and CEO of Sarr Group
- Pamela Carter, former President, Cummins Distribution
- Klaus Kleinfeld, Chairman and CEO of Alcoa
- Raymond J. Lane, Partner Emeritus, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Ann M. Livermore, former Executive Vice President, HP Enterprise Busines
- Raymond E. Ozzie, CEO ofTalko Inc.
- Gary M. Reiner, Operating Partner, General Atlantic
- Lip-Bu Tan, Chairman, Walden International; President and Chief Executive Officer, Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
- Meg Whitman, Chairman, President & CEO, HP
HP Inc board composition
HP Inc is designed to lead the personal systems and printing market with strong innovation pipeline across areas including 3D printing and new computing experiences. Dion Weisler will lead the company. Mr. Weisler currently oversees the HP’s Printing and Personal Systems group.
Meg Whitman will serve as Chairman of the board of directors of Hewlett-Packard. She said, “The post-separation Boards for both Hewlett Packard Enterprise and HP Inc. comprise leaders with some of the most diverse backgrounds and professional experiences I’ve seen in my career. I’m confident that these boards will successfully serve the needs of both companies and their shareholders at a defining moment in time.”
The other members of the board include:
- Shumeet Banerji, Founder, Condorcet, LP
- Carl Bass, director, president and CEO Autodesk, Inc.
- Robert R. Bennett, managing director, Hilltop Investments
- Charles V. “Chip” Bergh, president and CEO Levi Strauss & Co.
- Stacy Brown-Philpot, Chief Operating Officer, TaskRabbit, Inc.
- Stephanie A. Burns, former Chairman & CEO Dow Corning Corporation
- Mary Anne Citrino, Senior Advisor, Blackstone
- Rajiv Gupta, former Chairman & CEO Rohm and Haas Company
- Stacey Mobley, former Senior Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel, DuPont
- Subra Suresh, President, Carnegie Mellon University
- Dion Weisler, Executive Vice President, HP