Apple Inc. iPhone 6S, 6S Plus Could Face Production Delay

Apple Inc. iPhone 6S, 6S Plus Could Face Production Delay
JESHOOTS / Pixabay

Apple’s anticipated iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus have drawn much attention from the media world over and are highly-awaited. But to their dismay, their release could be delayed, claims KGI Securities analyst, Ming-Chi Kuo.

Production to begin late August

Ming-Chi Kuo, who has a good reputation of making accurate predictions regarding the release of new Apple products, believes the upcoming iPhone 6S devices could be delayed for production by about two weeks. Kuo reports that Apple has already trimmed orders to speed up production. The delay would mean that the mass production of the two anticipated devices would begin somewhere around the end of August.

Hedge fund managers present their best ideas at Robinhood [In-Depth]

investThe latest Robinhood Investors Conference is in the books, and some hedge funds made an appearance at the conference. In a panel on hedge funds moderated by Maverick Capital's Lee Ainslie, Ricky Sandler of Eminence Capital, Gaurav Kapadia of XN and Glen Kacher of Light Street discussed their own hedge funds and various aspects of Read More

Foxconn, the Taiwan-based electronics contract manufacturing multinational, is shouldering the responsibility for the assembly of 60% of the iPhone 6S units, while another Taiwanese manufacturer, Pegatron, will be handling the remaining 40% of the devices, said Kuo. This delay means a lot of overtime will be required to be put in by the employees at Foxconn’s plant in Zhengzhow. Despite this, consumers can expect supply shortages for one or both devices at the time of their launch.

Apple’s new iPhones next month?

Apple is expected to unveil the devices at a special event on Sept. 11, while on Sept. 25, the devices could be up for sale in the U.S. and the U.K. The U.S. firm wants to be prepared for the launch, preorders, and online and retail sales of the device, and therefore has reportedly ordered 85 million to 90 million handsets from its suppliers.

Apple’s new devices are expected to come with an A9 chipset would run on the latest OS, iOS9. The upcoming iPhones are expected to have DDR4 RAM of 2 GB and a main camera of 12 MP. Apple may also include sapphire glass in the display of its upcoming iPhones. It was largely expected that the iPhone maker would use it in the iPhone 6, but instead the company chose to debut the material in the Apple Watch. This time there are good chances of Apple debuting sapphire glass in the iPhone as it explores more options to make the iPhones stronger.

No posts to display