Man Saves Himself From Exploding Apple iPhone 6 In India

0
Man Saves Himself From Exploding Apple iPhone 6 In India
JESHOOTS / Pixabay

Reports from India claim that a man narrowly escaped injury after his iPhone 6 exploded during a phone call.

Play Quizzes 4

The man had bought the iPhone just two days earlier from a renowned gadget shop for 60,000 Rupees, which is equivalent to $945. Initially happy with his purchase of the 64GB grey model, he was shocked when sparks started flying from the device during a phone call.

13F Roundup: Top Hedge Fund Positions In Q1 2022

profitgraphHere is our quarterly 13F roundup for high-profile hedge funds. The data is based on filings covering the quarter to the end of March 2022. These statements only provide a snapshot of hedge fund holdings at the end of March. They do not contain any information about when the holdings were bought or sold or Read More

Man throws iPhone out of car

Kishan Yadav was driving as he made a hands-free call, when he noticed that the iPhone 6 was sparking and had become extremely hot. He managed to throw the device from the car window, and watched in shock as it exploded as it hit the ground.

“My face could have got burn (sic) as the phone exploded in a matter of seconds,” Yadav told The Times of India. “When I threw the phone, the call was on and the battery was around 70 percent.”

Yadav told the Times that he returned to the store with the burned out device, but employees told him that the problem should be resolved directly with Apple. The manufacturer reportedly took Yadav’s iPhone, but it is not clear whether or not he has received a replacement.

First exploding iPhone 6 in India

This is the first time that an iPhone 6 has exploded in India since it was launched last year. However in other parts of the world, such faults are reported every so often. Most of them can be blamed on faulty accessories or internal parts, and it is by no means a huge problem with Apple devices.

The incident in India happened last week but came to the attention of the press after Yadav filed a police complaint. However a similar story made the news this February after a man in Long Island was burned after his iPhone 5C caught fire.

Charging devices have been blamed for previous instances of exploding devices, but it is not clear whether Yadav was using a charger. A Minnesota man was hospitalized for more than a week last year after his iPhone wall charger exploded when he connected his iPhone 5.

Updated on

While studying economics, Brendan found himself comfortably falling down the rabbit hole of restaurant work, ultimately opening a consulting business and working as a private wine buyer. On a whim, he moved to China, and in his first week following a triumphant pub quiz victory, he found himself bleeding on the floor based on his arrogance. The same man who put him there offered him a job lecturing for the University of Wales in various sister universities throughout the Middle Kingdom. While primarily lecturing in descriptive and comparative statistics, Brendan simultaneously earned an Msc in Banking and International Finance from the University of Wales-Bangor. He's presently doing something he hates, respecting French people. Well, two, his wife and her mother in the lovely town of Antigua, Guatemala. <i>To contact Brendan or give him an exclusive, please contact him at theflask@gmail.com</i>
Previous article European Stocks 15 For 2015 Update From Jefferies
Next article Alibaba Group Holding Ltd To Invest In ‘Mission: Impossible—Rogue Nation’

No posts to display