Activist Stocks: Citrix, Maxwell Tech, Full Circle, Manitowoc by Stock Pucker
Things are increasingly busy on our end, which means less time for small talk and weekly emails. Real quick, we’ll try to catch you up on the major happenings over the last couple weeks. And since we hit the 30-day window in terms of 13-Fs, we’re now offering the activist newsletters as a one-time purchase, no subscription necessary, but prices are higher. Email us for that or subscribe here and save 25%.
This Week In Activism Vol. 18
- Marcato Capital got a win at Sotheby’s by getting permission to review the redacted parts of the 2014 settlement between Third Point and Sotheby’s
- Sabra Capital and Ronald Chez have teamed up to take on Cinedigm, penning a handful of letters. Sabra has been wrong on its Cinedigm, losing out big so far.
- Wynnefield thinks that MusclePharm has more liquidity issues than it’s letting on.
- Marathon Partners got two members on the Shutterfly board.
- RDG Capital convinced TravelCenters to do a sale-leaseback.
- GAMCO got three directors on the Pep Boys board as part of a settlement.
New campaigns —
- Elliott Associates is back at it in the tech/IT/software/cloud space, calling for a split of Citrix and noting there’s massive upside of 40%+ to $100 a share.
- Vertex Capital has filed a couple new campaigns, one of which is Maxwell Tech with a 5.1% stake and the other is at Numerex.
- Bulldog Investors is active at Full Circle.
- Glenview Capital is now active Manitowoc with a 7.1% stake, joining Carl Icahn.
Most read posts from stockpucker this week —
- June 2 – Thinking About Nelson Peltz’s Next Activist Target
- June 3 – Another Look At Nelson Peltz’s Next Activist Target
- June 5 – Sardar Biglari Prepping For Next Year’s Proxy Battle At Biglari Holdings ($BH)
- June 8 – Japan Activism: Sohn Conference edition
- June 10 – JANA Partners fail? Ashland ($ASH) will be its own activist
- June 13 – Jet Capital On Coking Coal
- June 14 – Finding Value In Japan Activism
In case you missed our last activist update, here it is from the other week.
Have feedback, or questions about certain activist campaigns, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or drop us a line if there’s a campaign you want us to cover. Full disclosure: We don’t own any of the stocks mentioned.
Until next week—stockpucker