When everything is coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane. –S. Wright
Above you can see Seaboard’s stock price vs. Berkshire’s over the past decade.
Below is a good example of research on a cyclical company. Note that the analyst goes back far enough to see how the business performs over several cycles and economic booms and busts. You may not agree with his conclusions (say that the company will continue to grow at 12%) but you can clearly see his assumptions.
This Tiger Cub Giant Is Betting On Banks And Tech Stocks In The Recovery
The first two months of the third quarter were the best months for D1 Capital Partners' public portfolio since inception, that's according to a copy of the firm's August update, which ValueWalk has been able to review. Q2 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more According to the update, D1's public portfolio returned 20.1% gross Read More
If readers in the Deep-Value group (Google Groups) find interesting case studies don’t hesitate to share with the group. You will learn more from each other than from just reading this blog or the blogs listed below.
Ten Other Blogs of Interest
- Contrarian Edge: http://contrarianedge.com/
- ValueWalk: https://www.valuewalk.com/
- Brooklyn Investor: http://brooklyninvestor.blogspot.com/
- The Aleph Blog: http://alephblog.com/
- Wexboy: http://wexboy.wordpress.com/
- Greenbackd: http://greenbackd.com/
- Value Investing World: http://www.valueinvestingworld.com/
- The Graham Investor: http://www.grahaminvestor.com/
- Old School Value: http://www.oldschoolvalue.com/blog/articles
- Long Term Value Blog: http://longtermvalue.wordpress.com/
10 Value Investing Blogs You Should Follow (for detail on each blog)