Tobias Carlisle talks to Toby Jenkins about the marketing strategy and process for investment funds and his lessons from his journey to establishing authority: blogging, national media coverage, Twitter, influencer outreach and much more.
Tobias Carlisle And The Acquirers Multiple
Since its inception in January 2012, the long book of the Voss Value Fund, Voss Capital's flagship offering, has substantially outperformed the market. The long/short equity fund has turned every $1 invested into an estimated $13.37. Over the same time frame, every $1 invested in the S&P 500 has become $3.66. Q1 2021 hedge fund Read More
- Toby founded an investment firm in Los Angeles named Eyquem Investment Management.
- Co-authored the book “Quantitative Value, + Web Site: A Practitioner’s Guide to Automating Intelligent Investment and Eliminating Behavioral Errors,” and is the author of the book “Deep Value: Why Activist Investors and Other Contrarians Battle for Control of Losing Corporations.”
- How he has used his books and blog to build his authority.
- Toby’s strategies for getting national media eg Bloomberg, Yahoo Finance, Sky Business
- His writing process for 1000 words per day.
- Why knowing both sides of the argument is crucial to creating great content.
- The importance of titles and headlines.
- Quantitative Value, + Web Site: A Practitioner’s Guide to Automating Intelligent Investment and Eliminating Behavioral Errors
- “Deep Value: Why Activist Investors and Other Contrarians Battle for Control of Losing Corporations
- What Works on Wall Street, Fourth Edition: The Classic Guide to the Best-Performing Investment Strategies of All Time
Get in touch with Toby
- Visit his blog GreenBackd.com
- Visit his website AcquirersMultiple.com
- Follow him on twitter @Greenbackd