Dan Loeb’s Third Point Reinsurance investor presentation for March, 2015.
Third Point Reinsurance: Reinsurance Risk Management
Risk Management Culture:
- Reinsurance business plan complements our investment management strategy: no property catastrophe excess treaties on rated balance sheet and premium and reserve leverage lower than peer group
- Company-wide focus on risk management
- Robust underwriting and operational controls
Holistic Risk Control Framework:
At this year's Sohn Investment Conference, Dan Sundheim, the founder and CIO of D1 Capital Partners, spoke with John Collison, the co-founder of Stripe. Q1 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more D1 manages $20 billion. Of this, $10 billion is invested in fast-growing private businesses such as Stripe. Stripe is currently valued at around Read More
- Measure use of risk capital using internally-developed capital model, AM Best BCAR model and Bermuda Monetary Authority BSCR model
- Developed a comprehensive Risk Register that is appropriate for our business model
- Instituted a Risk Appetite Statement that governs overall sensitivities in underwriting, investment, and enterprise portfolio
Ongoing Risk Oversight:
- Own Risk Self Assessment (ORSA) report produced quarterly and provided to management / Board of Directors
- Provides management with meaningful statistics on our current capital requirement and comparisons to our risk appetite statement
- Growing in scope
See full PDF below.