Bill Ackman, David Einhorn, and Jeffrey Gundlach are among the distinguished investors that will speak at the upcoming 20th Annual Sohn Investment Conference. Taking place May 4, 2015 at Lincoln Center in New York City, the conference will once again rally the global financial community to support the fight against pediatric cancer.
World’s Leading Investors To Unveil New Ideas At 20th Annual Sohn Investment Conference
Conference to also feature rising stars in 2nd Annual Next Wave Sohn program
New York, NY – March 17, 2015 – The Sohn Conference Foundation today announced the speaker lineup for its 20th Annual Sohn Investment Conference, in partnership with Bloomberg, to be held on May 4, 2015 at Lincoln Center in New York City. Recognized as the world’s original and premier investment event, the Sohn Investment Conference has for 20 years harnessed the energy and resources of the investment community to support the fight against pediatric cancer, with more than $50 million raised to date.
“For 20 years, each conference has built on the success of the previous, and this spring’s event is no different; such a milestone requires an all-star speaker lineup,” said Douglas Hirsch, Co-Chair of the Sohn Conference Foundation. “We’re thrilled to once again convene the world’s leading investors for a day of exciting investment ideas and market insights, all to benefit the organizations working tirelessly to end childhood cancer.”
“The Sohn Conference Foundation has a long-standing history of convening the most influential minds in the industry,” said Justin B. Smith, Chief Executive Officer of Bloomberg Media Group. “Bloomberg is honored to partner with Sohn and to share the important insights from the conference across our global digital, television, radio, and print platforms.”
The speaker lineup for the 20th Annual Sohn Investment Conference:
- William Ackman, CEO and Portfolio Manager, Pershing Square Capital Management, L.P.
- Ian Bremmer, President and Founder, Eurasia Group, Ltd.
- Magnus Carlsen, World’s #1-Ranked Chess Player
- Leon Cooperman, Chairman and CEO, Omega Advisors, Inc.
- David Einhorn, Founder and President, Greenlight Capital, Inc.
- Mala Gaonkar, Co-Portfolio Manager, Lone Pine Capital LLC
- Jeffrey Gundlach, CEO and CIO, DoubleLine Capital LP
- Keith Meister, Founder and Managing Partner, Corvex Management LP
- Larry Robbins, Founder, Portfolio Manager, and CEO, Glenview Capital Management LLC
- Barry Rosenstein, Founder and Managing Partner, JANA Partners LLC
- David Tepper, Founder, Appaloosa Management, L.P.
- Jay Walker, Chairman, Walker Digital, LLC
To complement the afternoon’s premier program, this year’s conference will again feature Next Wave Sohn, showcasing the investing world’s rising stars and co-chaired by Graham Duncan of East Rock Capital and David Z. Solomon of Goldman Sachs. Next Wave Sohn will mirror the high-energy, securities-focused presentation format that characterizes the conference. All Sohn Conference attendees are invited to RSVP for the program at no additional cost when they register for the conference. A limited number of tickets to attend Next Wave Sohn in isolation will also be available. Demand for last year’s Next Wave Sohn exceeded venue capacity to such an extent that the upcoming program will relocate to Alice Tully Hall.
The speaker lineup for Next Wave Sohn:
- Snehal Amin, Managing Partner and Portfolio Manager, The WindAcre Partnership LLC
- Didric Cederholm, CIO, Lion Point Capital, L.P.
- Alex Denner, CIO and Founding Partner, Sarissa Capital Management LP
- Daniel Dreyfus, Partner, 3G Capital, Inc.
- David Zorub, Portfolio Manager, BlueMountain Capital Management, LLC
For more information about the Sohn Investment Conference, visit http://www.sohnconference.org.
ABOUT THE SOHN CONFERENCE FOUNDATION
The Sohn Conference Foundation is dedicated to the treatment and cure of pediatric cancer. The Foundation supports cutting-edge medical research, state-of-the-art research equipment, and innovative programs to ensure that children with cancer survive and thrive. The Foundation raises its funds through premier investment conferences and special events, including its renowned annual New York Sohn Investment Conference.
Founded in 1995, the Conference honors the memory of Ira Sohn, a successful trader on Wall Street who lost his battle with cancer at age 29. The Foundation has expanded its reach to include the Sohn London Conference, Sohn San Francisco Conference, Sohn Canada Conference, and Sohn Hong Kong Conference. To date, the Foundation has raised more than $50 million. More information on the upcoming 20th Annual Sohn Investment Conference is available at www.sohnconference.org.
Bloomberg connects influential decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. Our strength – quickly and accurately delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology – is at the core of everything we do. With more than 15,500 employees in 192 locations, we deliver business and financial information, news and insight around the world.