“Electric Boy” Can Withstand Shocks Of Up To 11,000 Volts

0
“Electric Boy” Can Withstand Shocks Of Up To 11,000 Volts

Deepak Jangra discovered his strange talent while he was fixing a portable heater for his mother.

The helpful student touched the live wire with his screwdriver and was surprised that he felt nothing, and assumed that the power supply to his remote Indian village was down. It was only when a similar thing happened again two weeks later that he realized he might have abnormal earthing properties.

Greenlight Capital Full Q2 2021 Letter: Einhorn Thinks Inflation Is Here To Stay

EinhornDavid Einhorn's Greenlight Capital returned -2.9% in the second quarter of 2021 compared to 8.5% for the S&P 500. According to a copy of the fund's letter, which ValueWalk has reviewed, longs contributed 5.2% in the quarter while short positions detracted 4.6%. Q2 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more Macro positions detracted 3.3% from Read More


The dangers of electricity

In normal people electric shocks can be fatal, causing heart failure, stopping breathing and causing muscle spasms. A voltage causes a current to flow through the body, which is responsible for blocking electrical signals between the brain and the muscles.

There is a reason why the electric chair used to be used as an execution method. Murderer William Kemmler was the first man to be killed by the chair, and authorities used a voltage of around 1,000 volts to punish him for his crime.

Deepak’s capabilities go way beyond the 1,000 volt mark. “I could cope with 110 volts, 240 volts, 440 volts and my curiosity kept on growing. I wanted to know more and more. How much I could actually cope with?”

One day he took on the ultimate test, climbing to touch the 11,000 volt wire that provides electricity to his entire village. Worried neighbors were soon gathered around the foot of the pole, thinking that Deepak was attempting suicide.

Electric boy: Medical marvel

Despite their concern he descended unscathed, to the bemusement of doctors, who discovered nothing abnormal during tests. Deepak now offers his services as a repairman for free around the village, because he doesn’t want to profit from his unique talent.

The teenager maintains that he has never suffered any injuries during his activities, except for burning his fingertips if he holds live wires for too long. However experts have implored other people not to copy Deepak’s stunts, which should by rights have killed him by now.

Emma Apter from Electrical Safety First said: “Electricity has the potential to kill or seriously injure anyone unfortunate enough to come in to contact with it, so it is baffling that someone would voluntarily put themselves at such risk.”

It would appear that Deepak has a strong appetite for risk, but I do hope that he continues to use his strange gift to help his community before disaster strikes.

Previous article Red Alert: Rocket Fire Could Signal New Offensive on Mariupol
Next article Apple Users Supposedly Smarter Than Android Users
While studying economics, Brendan found himself comfortably falling down the rabbit hole of restaurant work, ultimately opening a consulting business and working as a private wine buyer. On a whim, he moved to China, and in his first week following a triumphant pub quiz victory, he found himself bleeding on the floor based on his arrogance. The same man who put him there offered him a job lecturing for the University of Wales in various sister universities throughout the Middle Kingdom. While primarily lecturing in descriptive and comparative statistics, Brendan simultaneously earned an Msc in Banking and International Finance from the University of Wales-Bangor. He's presently doing something he hates, respecting French people. Well, two, his wife and her mother in the lovely town of Antigua, Guatemala. <i>To contact Brendan or give him an exclusive, please contact him at [email protected]</i>

No posts to display