In an interview with Bloomberg’s Michael McKee, Stephanie Ruhle and Matthew Miller, Dallas Federal Reserve (Fed) President and CEO, Richard Fisher said:
- FOMC statement made policy more state-contingent.
- FOMC has ‘neutered’ the considerable period time term.
- We’ve given the markets too much Ritalin.
- We need to have a fiscal partner.
- I’m uncomfortable when Congress tells us what to do.
- If we wait until inflation shows up, it may be too late.
- Waiting too long to raise rates could force a recession.
Michael Mauboussin: Here’s what active managers can do
The debate over active versus passive management continues as trends show the ongoing shift from active into passive funds. Q2 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more At the Morningstar Investment Conference, Michael Mauboussin of Counterpoint Global argued that the rise of index funds has made it more difficult to be an active manager. Drawing Read More