iPhone 6 Bends In Pocket, Catches Fire And Burns Man’s Leg

0
iPhone 6 Bends In Pocket, Catches Fire And Burns Man’s Leg
JESHOOTS / Pixabay

Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL)’s iPhone 6 is prone to bending. Now that the bendgate controversy has subsided, another incident has popped up that’s not going to help build the iPhone 6‘s reputation. Arizona-based entrepreneur Phillip Lechter described in a blog post a shocking accident where his brand new iDevice bent and caught fire in his front pocket.

 

This mining and metals fund is having a strong year so far

Cubic Corporation Chris Hohn favorite hedge fundsThe Delbrook Resources Opportunities Master Fund was up 9.2% for May, bringing its year-to-date return to 33%. Q1 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more Dellbrook is an equity long/ short fund that focuses exclusively on the metals and mining sector. It invests mainly in public companies focused on precious, base, energy and industrial metals Read More


In what circumstances did the iPhone 6 catch fire?

Lechter has also added a YouTube video and some images to show what happened to his phone and the clothes. He is probably the first user to report the iPhone 6 fire. On October 11, Lechter and his family went to attend the University of Arizona’s family weekend. He took a rickshaw ride with his family to a tailgate party.

 

Unfortunately, the rickshaw driver caught a trolly track and lost balance. The rickshaw didn’t tip all the way over, but he received a considerable jolt. As Lechter describes it, he was “half on, half off the rickshaw.” While making sure his family was OK, Lechter could smell smoke and feel a burning sensation in his leg. The smoke was thick and the smell was disturbing. He quickly got to his new iPhone 6, pulled it out and threw it to the side.

 

User suffers 2nd degree burn on his right leg

His phone had badly bent in his pocket and caught fire. An onlooker from a crowd of spectators threw a cup of water onto his jeans. Lechter was only able to pull out the phone from his pocket without burning his figures because of the leather case on the phone. A bystander who picked up the bent and damaged iPhone 6 without the case burned his fingeres. One of the observers poured ice water on the device to cool it off while another recorded a video.

 

Lechter noted in his blog that the doctor’s report described a 2nd degree burn on 11.5cm x 10.5cm area of his right leg. It will be quite interesting to see if Apple responds to this case.

No posts to display