Fannie Mae: Joint Status Report Regarding August 7 Status Conference by TimHowards717
UPDATE: August 5th 2014 8:00PM EST
Order 8/5/14 Fairholme Lawsuit (Schedule issue)
Order Bumping status conference from Thursday to Monday.I attached PDF as well.
In the United States Court of Federal Claims
No. 13-465 C
(Filed: August 5, 2014)
FAIRHOLME FUNDS, INC. et al., *
THE UNITED STATES, *
The parties in the above-captioned case filed a joint status report on August 5, 2014,
indicating their desire to have a status conference on Thursday, August 7, 2014. Due to a last minute
schedule change, the court is not available to conduct a status conference on August 7,
2014. The court will instead convene a status conference on Monday, August 11, 2014. By no
later than Thursday, August 7, 2014, the parties shall file a joint status report (1) indicating
their time preference for the status conference (the court is available between 10:00 a.m. and
3:00 p.m.) and (2) containing the information required by the court’s April 9, 2014 order.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
s/ Margaret M. Sweeney
MARGARET M. SWEENEY
8:5:14 Order changing status conference date. 2
This Tiger Cub Giant Is Betting On Banks And Tech Stocks In The Recovery
The first two months of the third quarter were the best months for D1 Capital Partners' public portfolio since inception, that's according to a copy of the firm's August update, which ValueWalk has been able to review. Q2 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more According to the update, D1's public portfolio returned 20.1% gross Read More
Joint Staus report filed a day early? Time to change flight plans! Be sure to look at the order changing the conference from Thursday to Monday. Keep the faith!
JOINT STATUS REPORT REGARDING AUGUST 7 STATUS CONFERENCE…
Fannie Mae: Joint Status Report Regarding August 7 Status Conference
Case 1:13-cv-00465-MMS Document 77 Filed 08/05/14
IN THE UNITED STATES COURT OF FEDERAL CLAIMS
FAIRHOLME FUNDS, INC., et al., Plaintiffs, v.
THE UNITED STATES, Defendant.
JOINT STATUS REPORT REGARDING AUGUST 7 STATUS CONFERENCE
Consistent with this Court’s Orders of April 4, 2014 (Doc. 40) and April 9, 2014 (Doc. 41), the parties hereby respectfully submit this joint status report to alert the Court that they are of the view that a status conference would be appropriate to discuss issues that have arisen in the course of discovery. The following attorneys for the Fairholme Plaintiffs plan to appear in per-son at the August 7 status conference:
- Charles J. Cooper, Cooper & Kirk, PLLC
- David H. Thompson, Cooper & Kirk, PLLC
- Vincent J. Colatriano, Cooper & Kirk, PLLC
The following attorney for the Fairholme Plaintiffs plans to appear by telephone:
- Christine Cubias, General Counsel, Fairholme Funds, Inc.
The following attorneys for the United States plan to appear in person:
- Kenneth M. Dintzer
- Gregg M. Schwind
- Daniel B. Volk
The following other attorneys plan to appear by telephone:
- Zac Hudson, Bancroft PLLC (representing Fannie Mae / Federal National Mortgage Assctn Fnni Me (OTCBB:FNMA))
- Michael Ciatti, King & Spalding (representing Freddie Mac / Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp (OTCBB:FMCC))
Finally, in accordance with the Court’s April 9 Order, counsel for the Fairholme Plain- tiffs has contacted counsel for the plaintiffs in the related cases pending before this Court. The following attorneys intend to listen to the status conference telephonically:
- Michael Barr, Dentons (Arrowood Indemnity Corp. v. United States, No. 13-698)
- RobertM. Roseman, Spector Roseman Kodroff & Willis (WashingtonFederal v. United States, No. 13-385)
- Jennifer Fountain Connolly, Hagens Berman (WashingtonFederal v. United States, No. 13-385)
- Noah Schubert, Schubert Jonckheer & Kolbe LLP (Fisher v. United States, No. 13-608, Reid v. United States, No. 14-152)
- Miranda Kolbe, Schubert Jonckheer & Kolbe LLP (Fisher v. United States, No. 13-608, Reid v. United States, No. 14-152)
- Ed Haber, Shapiro Haber & Urmy LLP (Fisher v. United States, No. 13-608, Reid v. United States, No. 14-152)
Date: August 5, 2014 Respectfully submitted, STUART F. DELERY
Assistant Attorney General
s/ Robert E. Kirschman, Jr.
ROBERT E. KIRSCHMAN, JR.
s/ Kenneth M. Dintzer
KENNETH M. DINTZER
Acting Deputy Director
Commercial Litigation Branch
U.S. Department of Justice
s/ Charles J. Cooper
Charles J. Cooper
Counsel of Record for Plaintiffs
COOPER &KIRK, PLLC
1523 New Hampshire Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20036
(202) 220-9601 (fax)
Vincent J. Colatriano
8:7 JOINT STATUS REPORT REGARDING AUGUST 7 STATUS CONFERENCE 2