The iPhone 6 is just 10-12 weeks away. Most experts, rumors and supply chain leaks point to a September 19 release date. As the official launch approaches, Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) fans are wondering what colors the iPhone 6 will be available in. Well, it’s going to have the same color options as its predecessor iPhone 5S. Apple would traditionally launch the iPhones in black and white colors. But the company changed that by bringing the iPhone 5S in gold, silver and space gray colors. The upcoming device will retain these colors, reports Czech website Letemsvetemapplem.eu.
Leaked iPhone 6 SIM card trays and flex cables show color options
The newly leaked photos show three SIM card trays and flex cables that come in these three color options. Letemsvetemapplem.eu claims all these components are made for the iPhone 6. The flex cables are a bit different in layout as the phablet version has both the volume buttons and the mute button, with a greater separation between the two. The power flex cable confirms the previous reports of a redesigned button layout.
The iPhone 6 production is likely to begin this month, and the device will hit the U.S. shelves in the last few weeks of September. Foxconn Technology Co Ltd (TPE:2354) will reportedly be manufacturing 70% of the new smartphones, while the remaining 30% of orders will be fulfilled by Pegatron Corporation (TPE:4938). The iPhone 6 is widely expected to feature the iOS 8, sapphire display and an upgraded A8 processor.
Notes From Schwarzman, Sternlicht, Robert Smith, Mary Callahan Erdoes, Joseph Tsai And Much More From The 2020 Delivering Alpha Conference
The following are rough notes of Stephen Schwarzman, Steve Mnuchin, and Barry Sternlicht's interview from our coverage of the 2020 CNBC Institutional Investor Delivering Alpha Conference. We are posting much more over the next few hours stay tuned. Q2 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more One of the most influential investor conferences every year, Read More
iPhone 6 to have a new unlocking system?
Recent reports suggest that the iPhone 6 will feature a new unlocking system. The device won’t require a passcode or fingerprint in safe areas such as your house or your car. But the system will lock the phone as soon as you leave. Apple has applied to patent this technology. But it’s unlikely to make it to the iPhone 6 given the device is about to enter mass production.
Moreover, the iPhone 6 will have an indestructible display due to the use of sapphire crystal. A YouTube video shows a leaked iPhone 6 screen withstanding a heavy battering with a bunch of keys and attacks from a knife. The screen can also withstand pressure. As the video shows, there was no visible damage to the panel even after bending it to 90 degrees.