Performance of 40 Futures Markets Mid-Year by Attain Capital
We’ve officially made it half way through the year, meaning those who did well will likely be mentally doubling their first half success in imagining where their year will end, while those who struggled will act like a weekend golfer making the turn – saying ‘ok, let’s turn it around now… let’s get it done on the back nine’.
Without further ado, the front nine scores across 40 different futures markets courtesy of Finviz:
The ExodusPoint Partners International Fund returned 0.36% for May, bringing its year-to-date return to 3.31% in a year that's been particularly challenging for most hedge funds, pushing many into the red. Macroeconomic factors continued to weigh on the market, resulting in significant intra-month volatility for May, although risk assets generally ended the month flat. Macro Read More
(Disclaimer: past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results)
Chart Courtesy: Finviz.com
Some of our thoughts:
• 65% of the markets are positive of the year, down from 75% last quarter.
• Corn and Wheat went from number 4 & 8 on the leader board last quarter, to a negative performance on the year thanks to an ongoing multi-month down trend.
• Coffee and Hogs continue to hold their position as the top commodity performers. However, coffee is down considerably (-19%) from its 2014 highs, while hogs have been hitting new highs.
• Nikkei is the only stock futures index that remains negative of the year
• CHF, CAD, USD, and EUR are almost unchanged on the year
• The S&P 500 & the 30 Year Bond’s YTD performance are almost identical.