A new report regarding Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL)’s highly anticipated iPhone 6 surfaced. The Taiwan-based Commercial Times claims Pegatron Corporation (TPE:4938) will make 15% of the upcoming 4.7-inch iPhone 6 handsets. Foxconn Technology Co Ltd (TPE:2354) is reported to produce the other 85%. The report does not appear to mention the rumored 5.5-inch version of the iPhone 6. There’s been much debate about whether Apple is indeed making an even larger phablet-sized model.
Preparing for the influx of orders
In an effort to make room for the upcoming influx of orders, Pegatron Corporation (TPE:4938) is offloading some orders to a Kunshan facility. Interestingly enough, this report doesn’t match the report from two months ago that claimed the smartphone maker would start production for the iPhone 6 in the second quarter. It was also reported that Pegatron was training thousands of new workers for iPhone 6 manufacturing duties.
DG Value Surges On Recovery Plays
According to a copy of the firm's February investor update, Dov Gertzulin's DG Value Partners returned +4.48% net for the month of February, which ValueWalk has been able to review. Q4 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more Following this performance, the firm has returned +8.32% net for the year to the end of February. Read More
More iPhone 6 rumors
Although we still have months to go before the next great smartphone debuts, there are plenty of rumors to keep fans satisfied. One thing we can expect is an upgraded operating system (iOS 8). Possibilities fans hope for include NFC technology, several models to choose from, including larger phablet-style phone, and expanded storage.
A recent blog post from PC Advisor summed it up: “Until now Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) has set the top limit of its smartphone storage at 64GB, which is pretty good internal storage for a smartphone. However, if you are using your iPhone as your main camera and primary source for music consumption, then this will soon fill up – if Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) chooses not to equip the iPhone with expandable storage, then 128GB would be a welcomed addition to its lineup.“
Another exciting possibility for the iPhone 6 is a solar sapphire screen. This feature could make the next phone stronger in design and almost indestructible. It is reported Apple has a contract with sapphire screen maker GT Advanced.