In an interview with Bloomberg’s Stephanie Ruhle live from the Sohn conference today, Pershing Square’s Bill Ackman said, it is possible he would work with Carl Icahn on a future deal. Ackman also said:
– 30-year fixed mortgage bedrock of housing system
– Fannie Mae / Federal National Mortgage Assctn Fnni Me (OTCBB:FNMA), Freddie Mac Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp (OTCBB:FMCC) should go back to guaranteeing mortgages
– Reformed Fannie, Freddie only way to preserve 30-yr
– American International Group Inc (NYSE:AIG), Citi Playbook should apply at Freddie, Fannie.
– Pershing Sq. not lobbying on Freddie, Fannie.
– No ‘viable alternatives’ to Fannie, Freddie.
– Allergan, Inc. (NYSE:AGN) should sit down with Valent for talks
– Likes exiting target CEO Steinhafel ‘a lot’, is a ‘talented guy.’
Ackman: I Think I Would Work With Icahn:
Ackman: No Viable Alternatives to Fannie & Freddie: