This post first appeared on FloatingPath
The U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis reports in its second estimate for the third quarter of 2013 that real gross domestic product increased at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 3.61%. This is higher than the preliminary estimate of 2.84%, and is an increase from the Q2 growth rate of 2.48%.
This is also the fastest GDP growth has been since the first quarter of 2012.
This Tiger Cub Giant Is Betting On Banks And Tech Stocks In The Recovery
The first two months of the third quarter were the best months for D1 Capital Partners' public portfolio since inception, that's according to a copy of the firm's August update, which ValueWalk has been able to review. Q2 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more According to the update, D1's public portfolio returned 20.1% gross Read More
The seasonally adjusted annual rates of growth by GDP components in Q3 2013 – second estimate:
- Personal Consumption Expenditures: +1.4% from +1.8% in Q2 2013.
- Fixed Investment: +5.4% compared to +6.5% in Q2 2013.
- Exports: +3.7% compared to +8.0% in Q2 2013.
- Imports: +2.7% compared to +6.9% in Q2 2013.
- Government Consumption Expenditures: +0.4% compared to -0.4% in Q2 2013.
GDP components are shown by their percentage contribution to total real GDP: