Rockstar Games conveyed to its fans and players that it is working around the clock to fix issues arising in the GTA online version, which is a multiplayer version of its popular game GTA V. The much awaited game was launched yesterday, but the excitement was marred by the server issues that the users complained about while downloading the game.
GTA problems to be fixed soon
“We are continuing to look into these issues and are working around the clock on resolving them as quickly as possible,” Rockstar said in a message posted on the game’s official news wire. The company said that possible fixes include monitoring the support systems, forums, and social media and in-game data to measure traffic, coupled with community sentiment to “ensure ongoing improvements to stability.”
ValueWalk's Raul Panganiban with Maurits Pot, Founder and CEO of Dawn Global. Before this he was Partner at Kingsway Capital, a frontier market specialist with over 2 billion AUM. In the interview, we discuss his approach to investing and why investors should look into frontier and emerging markets. Q2 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and Read More
Before unveiling the game to the market, GTA developers urged the players to be patient with the glitches that would probably arise in the online version.
9 issues acknowledged, so far
Among all the issues presented, Rockstar has acknowledged nine issues that can possibly hurt the online game experience; however, the game maker has not still acknowledged the problems of some players that their single player save file has been deleted after getting online.
The nine acknowledged issues are:
- Occasional “Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable” error message.
- Freezing sometimes while loading the first race in GTAO with “waiting for other players” message on the screen
- Intermittent “Failed to Host a GTA Online Session” error messages.
- Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race.
- Errors saying “Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join”
- Occasional errors about jobs failing to start or load.
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features.
- Misc. network and server-related error messages, disconnections, or cloud server errors.
- Errors saying “Mission Failed” as soon as the mission begins during a session.
Rockstar needs match services with impressive sales numbers
According to analysts, GTA 5 has already been bought by 15 million people worldwide, and the online component of the game has already been launched, which is also seeing swelling demand.
According to the game’s publisher Take Two, the GTA console mode already raked in $1 billion within the first three days of sale, and the issues were obvious seeing the growing popularity of the game. Further, Simon Barratt of UK studio Four Door Lemon told the Guardian said that Rockstar is looking forward to enhance their hardware to match the requirements based on their impressive sales.
Rockstar seemed to be in a sorry mood over players facing the issues while playing the game online. The game developer is providing players with the option to receive automatic email notifications whenever an update is published on the site.