Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK) and Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) highlighted the improved camera features of the Windows Phone 8 during the join press event today in New York City.
Joe Belfiore, Microsoft’s corporate vice president introduced, not only the Nokia Lumia 920, but also the new and exciting camera functions of Windows Phone 8, which provides better and deeper integration and experience for users in combination with the social features of the Windows 8 operating system.
Quant ESG With PanAgora Asset Management’s George Mussalli
ValueWalk's Raul Panganiban interviews George Mussalli, Chief Investment Officer and Head of Equity Research at PanAgora Asset Management. In this epispode, they discuss quant ESG as well as PanAgora’s unique approach to it. The following is a computer generated transcript and may contain some errors. Q3 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more Interview . Read More
The new and improved camera features of the Windows 8 Smartphones include:
- Screenshot capability – Users will be able to capture a screenshot and share it on Twitter or Facebook via tap & send with NFC
- Easy Access to the Flash Control – The flash control of the camera is easier to access in the viewfinder interface of the mobile phone.
- Bing Vision- This feature is part of the lenses suite of apps. It recognizes the picture and searches for related images of the photos they captured on the phone camera instantly, on the internet through Bing search engine. For example, you can take a photograph of any product and search the online marketplace to buy it.
- CNN iReport- The application will be available soon to empower users to capture photographs of news worthy occurrences in their communities and send it to CNN to complement breaking news stories.
- FX Suite- The app allows users to add filters to the pictures.
- Blink- The app is capable of shooting a series of photographs and automatically detects if the subject blinks and it will choose the best shots.
- Photosysnth- This app enables users to create 360 degree panoramic photos
The Nokia Lumia 920 is equipped with a 4.5-inch display, 1.5 gigahertz snapdragon processor, wireless charging, and of course, the 8.7 megapixel camera with 1080p video recording capability. Most importantly, the smartphone is powered by Windows Phone 8 operating system.
The Windows Phone 8 also features the offline maps, which provides users with a voice guided, turn by turn navigation to find an address or location, even if there is no internet connection.
During the event, Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) CEO Steve Ballmer announced that 400 million devices are powered by the Windows Phone 8 operating system.