Apple unveiled its iPhone 5 today, in a much awaited event at its Fifth Avenue Store. The specs of the new sixth generation iPhone follow right along with many of the rumors we have been hearing for several months, regarding the much anticipated device.
Here They Are:
* 18% thinner at only 7.6 mm thick
* Made entirely out of glass and aluminum
* Retina Display features 326 pixels per inch (this is identical to the last model)
* New 4 inch display screen touts a 16:9 aspect ratio and 1136 x 640 pixel
* 44% more color saturation than the old iPhone 4S (due to touch sensors being integrated into the display itself, which cuts down on glare)
* 30 adapter which allows users to plug in the standard 30 pin connector and use a Lightning plug
When You Can Expect To See iPhone 5 In Stores
Pre-orders for the new iPhone 5 will begin on September 14th, and the devices will begin arriving in stores on September 21st. The first markets scheduled for shipping are the U.S., Canada, the U.K., France, Germany, and a few others. So, you can begin making your plans to pre-order, or stand in line to purchase one of these gadgets accordingly.
How Much Will It Cost?
The new iPhone 5 will b e priced the same as the old iPhone 4S. It will cost $199, $299, and $399 for the 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB models, respectively. Following its initial launch in the markets mentioned above, it will be released in approximately 21 more countries one week later.
Now that the event has finally come, all those who have been anxiously awaiting the new device, are now anxiously awaiting its availability in their home town. The stores are sure to be swamped with customers in the next few weeks, as eager consumers flock to purchase the gadget.
Stay tuned for updates on other products released during the event today!