Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG) just announced updates for Google Drive on Android and iOS. Versions 126.96.36.199 and 1.1.0 at Google Play Store and the App Store respectively.
This latest edition of Google Drive allows users to create, share, and store all documents on the internet. It also allows users to save your files on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
Nishkama Capital On GARP Investment Management
Nishkama Capital - Ravee Mehta On GARP Investment Management [Part Two] This is part two of a two-part interview with Ravee Mehta, the founder and portfolio manager of Nishkama Capital LLC. The interview is part of ValueWalk’s Value Fund Interview Series. You can find part one of the interview here. Throughout this series, we are publishing Read More
Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG), the company behind Android, put Apple first with this new update, as they featured the iOS version first. This is remarkably unexpected considering the heated rivalry between the two tech giants.
Below are the key changes with the new Google Drive Application for iOS specifically:
- Edit Google documents with formatting and collaboration.
- Edits to your Google documents appear to collaborators in seconds.
- Richer Google presentations with animations and speaker notes.
- Create a new folder or Google document.
- Upload photos and videos from your device or a photo directly from your camera.
- Move an item to a folder in your Drive.
- Delete and remove files from your Drive.
- Drive is now available in over 30 languages.
The Android version allows users to add comments and reply to other comments, as well as view tables on their Google documents. Below is the full list of changes for the Android version:
- Create folder, upload to folder and move to folder.
- Filter folder contents by file type.
- Option to auto-sync pinned content while on 3G.
- Richer Google Presentations viewing experience.
- Basic table support in Documents Editor.
- Create, reply and resolve comments in Documents Editor.
- View and change fonts in Documents Editor.
- Pinch to zoom in Documents Editor.
- Print files using Google Cloud Print.
- Option to resume interrupted uploads.
In the near future, Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG) plans on adding two more important features; including native editing and real-time collaboration on their documents program. There is no official date yet for the specific launch, but we do know it’s set to arrive soon, probably within the next two months or so.