Finally, the much awaited Absinthe 2.0 is out. This new version brings with it an untethered jailbreak for iOS devices running iOS 5.1.1. This new jailbreak is compatible with almost any iOS device running iOS 5.1.1.
According to the developers this is “one of the most easiest jailbreaks to use (so easy your grandma could do it)”. Don’t know about grandma, but if you want to jailbreak your iOS device, then follow the below tutorial.
Chilton Capital's REIT Composite was up 6.1% last month, compared to the MSCI U.S. REIT Index, which gained 4.4%. Year to date, Chilton is up 6.3% net and 6.5% gross, compared to the index's 8.8% return. The firm met virtually with almost 40 real estate investment trusts last month and released the highlights of those Read More
Let’s take a look at devices compatible for 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak:
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad (3rd gen)
- iPad 2
- iPad 1
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 4G
- Apple TV 2G
How to Use Absinthe iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak
- Create a backup of your device in iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and then click on ‘Back Up’. Wait for the backup process to finish and then close iTunes.
- From your device, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings. According to the developers, this is done to make the jailbreak process faster.
- Head over to the Greenpois0n website and download Absinthe 2.0 for your respective operating system.
- Launch the Absinthe tool through the downloaded file. Now, ensure that Absinthe detects the exact device that you connected with.
- If the device is properly connected, then you will see the Jailbreak button active. Click on it to start the jailbreak process. Wait for sometime to finish this process.
- When this jailbreak process is complete, you can close Absinthe 2.0. Launch iTunes, right-click on your device name and select “Restore from Backup”. Select the backup that you have created in step 1. Finish the restore process and then you can disconnect the device.
Once this restore is complete, you’ll have a jailbroken device with your apps and settings as they were before.
The plus point of using Absinthe tool to jailbreak the device is that it is very simple to use. In fact, we can call this as a one-click tool to jailbreak iOS devices.
Note: If you are currently on iOS 5.1.1 with a tethered jailbreak, then all you need to do is to install Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether. There’s no need to follow the above tutorial for such users. You can install Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether from Cydia.