Berkshire Hathaway Inc. – Greater Omaha Area
- Coordinate schedules, meetings, appointments, agendas
- Prepare letters / correspondence
- Maintain calendars / contacts
- Screen phone calls and handle incoming mail
- Coordinate domestic and international travel
- Coordinate special event meetings for department including selecting off-site locations, sending out notices, preparing agenda and meeting materials, and arranging for food, etc.
- Filing, photocopying, and other miscellaneous clerical tasks as needed
- Assist in special projects as needed
- Prepare, send, and track mailings
- Maintain general files for department
- Coordinate / facilitate the appropriate reviews of letters, invoices, etc.
- Handle confidential material relevant to office operation
- Create and maintain database and spreadsheet files
- Perform word processing functions, including technical documents, which may be complex in nature, and may including chares, graphs, tables and spreadsheet
- Proofread and complete first edit of documents produced
- Collect data and create charts/graphs
- Retrieve information and documents, including filings, transcripts, data, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
Education: College Degree Preferred with college coursework or related experience in business, accounting, or finance preferred but not required
Experience: Three to five years of related experience
Knowledge/ Skills: Professionalism- Professional appearance and presentation. Able to handle highest level of confidential information.
Teamwork: Ability to coordinate own activities with others in order to achieve individual, team and organization goals. Positive, team-oriented approach required. Ability to adapt and accept difficult situations and tasks and perform with the utmost professionalism.
Time-Management: Ability to plan and prioritize assigned activities in order to achieve task in a timely manner. Must be able to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and to handle multiple assignments, projects, and responsibilities simultaneously producing accurate, timely results. Must be able to work independently with little direct supervision.
Motivation: Must be motivated to learn new skills and apply new solutions, and to make existing solutions more effective and efficient.
Communication: Excellent communication, written and oral, and interpersonal skills. Ability to indentify and discuss complex issues and present workable solutions in a simple, meaningful, and focused manner. Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
Software: Must be advanced with Microsoft Windows based spreadsheet/word processing packages.
Berkshire Hathaway and its subsidiaries engage in diverse business activities including property
and casualty insurance and reinsurance, utilities and energy, freight rail transportation, finance,
manufacturing, retailing and services. Common stock of the company is listed on the New York
Stock Exchange, trading symbols BRK.A and BRK.B.
- December 6, 2011
- Job ID: