We took some of the best comic illustrations and made them into a slideshow to share some holiday humor. (h/t Dr. Mike Haywood’s Banking Crisis Digest)
The slideshow highlights the following 2011 major global financial themes (in our view):
Odey Asset Management's Special Situations Fund was down 3.2% in March, compared to its benchmark, the MSCI World USD Index, which was up 3.3%. Through the end of March, the fund is up 8.7%, beating the benchmark's return of 4.9%. Q1 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more Odey's Special Situations Fund deploys arbitrage and Read More
- A recession that does not want to go away
- Taxpayer bailouts and trillions of dollars in secret loans has turned Too Big to Fail into Too Big To Collect and prosecute.
- MF Global rocked the financial world with its reckless leveraged risk-taking and outright ‘mishandling’ of clients’ money
- Euro debt crisis that could bring about another round of global financial and banking crisis.
- But New Year always brings new hope …..
Season’s Greetings from EconMatters