Every morning the Street of Walls team puts out an update on market levels, today’s top stories, and active M&A deals.
Today’s Top Stories:
- Police Clear Occupy Wall Street: Police brought the two-month-old Occupy Wall Street encampment in Zuccotti Park to an abrupt end early Tuesday morning, as hundreds of officers swept in and cleared out protesters and their tentshttp://on.wsj.com/sIW1ou
- Home Depot Earnings: Reports Q311 Earnings, Q beats w/stronger topline & inline operating margins
- FHA Needs Bailout: FHA, the government agency holding together the mortgage market, said reserves have fallen so low that there is a “close to 50%” chance the agency could run out of money and require a taxpayer bailout in the next year http://on.wsj.com/uLc82C
- Hedge Fund 13F Updates: All week StreetofWalls will be providing daily updates on Hedge Fund Holdings, check for updates
- Baupost Group’s Latest Buys (13F): Three new positions were built in the following companies: (1) Genworth Financial (NYSE:GNW), (2) Hewlett-Packard (NYSE:HPQ) and (3) Novagold Resources (AMEX:NG)http://bit.ly/t7fIIs
- Buffett Buys Tech: Buffett makes first two major tech buys of his careear, inc. ~5% stake in IBM as well as stock in INTC
- Jana Partners 3Q11 Update (13F): The hedge fund has disclosed numerous new holdings that includes APC, CLGX, COV, DTG, FIS, HCA, LIFE, MIS, NFG http://bit.ly/rS3Pk0
- AQR Capital Buys Selway (13G): AQR Capital Management disclosed that it holds a 19.4% ownership of the outstanding common stock of Selway Capital Acquisition Corp http://bit.ly/t9jWY7
- Govt Supercommittee: negotiations are said to be quickening according to the WSJ as the Nov 23 deadline fast approaches, real deadline is this Friday according to Pelosi
- US Recession: new study put out by the San Francisco Fed has found the odds of a recession in the US at ~50% http://bit.ly/rxjGH0
- Credit Suisse Bonuses: Bloomberg is reporting the company is tweaking its bonus structure to provide more upfront compensation to employees with lower pay, this comes as Moody’s places the company on review for a downgrade (BBG)
- Goldman Departures: An unusually high number of partner retirements have been announced internally at the Wall Street bank in recent weeks, according to people who were briefed on the matter but are not authorized to speak on the record http://nyti.ms/uGUbyL
- Amazon Tablet: the Kindle Fire shipped out yesterday
- NewLink IPO earns $43M
- Buffett amasses IBM stake
- Dodgers to sell team, telecast rights separately
Disclosure: I do not have a position in any stocks mentioned in this article, do not have a plan to initiate a position within the next 72 hours.
Disclaimer: The information, opinions, material, and any other content provided in this article is for informational purposes only and is not to be used or considered an offer or solicitation to buy or sell securities, investment products, financial instruments, or to participate in any particular investment strategy. The information, opinions, material, and any other content provided in this article does not constitute as a recommendation or as advice to buy or sell securities, investment products, financial instruments, or to participate in any particular investment strategy.