1. No weekly link-fest, I apologize. Weekly link-fest will resume on October 3oth. However two must read books that I have on my short-list; Michael Lewis’ newest book, Boomerang, and a new book about Steve Jobs’ Steve Jobs (release date: Oct 24th, 2011).
2. This is the most important announcement: I will be tweeting live from the Value Investing Congress this coming Monday and Tuesday. I will also be providing unique content on Value Walk of all the speakers, and not posting elsewhere as in the past. This is the best line-up I have ever seen.
Why read ValueWalk when there are dozens of media outlets that will be covering the conference? Not to put anyone else down or gloat, but I believe I provide the best coverage. The big media outlets only come for part of the conference for the high profile speakers like David Einhorn and Bill Ackman. Most of the small bloggers do a short summary on all the speakers. I do a full length write up covering the whole presentation by the speaker. I will also be posting and updating in real time. I am the one typing notes while most people are taking breaks in the hall to provide the best coverage possible of the event. I will also be posting the presentations in scribd format as soon as I get access to them.
Worm Capital July 2020 Performance Update: Up 152% YTD
Worm Capital performance update for the month ended July 31, 2020. Q2 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more Long/Short Equity Growth Strategy Net Performance Long-Only Equity Growth Strategy Net Performance
The line up of speakers:
David Einhorn Greenlight Capital
Bill Ackman, Pershing Square
Leon Cooperman, Omega Advisors
Jim Chanos, Kynikos Associates LP
Joel Greenblatt, Gotham Capital
Adam Weiss and James Crichton, Scout Capital Management
Alexander Roepers, Atlantic Investment Management
Boykin Curry, Eagle Capital Management
Ricky Sandler, Eminence Capital
Guy Gottfried, Rational Investment Group
Bernard Horn, Polaris Capital Management
Timothy E. Hartch, Brown Brothers Harriman
Vladimir Jelisavcic, Longacre Fund Management, LLC
Whitney Tilson & Glenn Tongue, T2 Partners
3. I will be posting some exclusive content from Seth Klarman (not posted anywhere on the web), if you missed it make sure to check out-https://www.valuewalk.com/value-investing-reports/walk-exclusive-seth-klarman-q211-shareholder-letter/, and https://www.valuewalk.com/value-investing-reports/notes-seth-klarmans-2009-shareholder-meeting/.
4. I will be adding more resource pages in the coming weeks, 1-4 a week. Make sure to check out the value investor resource pages to find anyone you may have missed. I plan to add at least 50, and will have to reorganize the current structure of legendary, current and new value investors to make the drop down menu not too long.
5. While this site is value oriented I will be focusing a bit more on hedge funds. No technical analysis, momentum, quant etc. but some great macro hedge funds will also be included. This is to broaden the readership, and to give the site some insight from some great investors even if they do not follow a value approach. I am a truely believe that you can learn from everyone. Most importantly, many value investors have started to take the macro picture into perspective (topic of a future article), and therefore there is something to learn from both pure value investors and pure macro investors. However the focus of the site will remain the same and the change will barely be noticeable.
6. There might be a few upgrades and improvements to the site, including some cool features. I also am in talks with a big blogger about a possible partnership. Things would only improve as a result and there would likely be no major changes.
7. We have some great new guest contributors, Street of Walls now contributes a fantastic market update every morning before the open. We also have many new other new great contributors. I encourage everyone to check out their posts and websites.
8. A big thank you to the readers for making this part time hobby a fantastic success. I get emails every day from people complimenting my site, its what keeps me going. I love blogging and make very little money off of this, so I appreicate the positive feedback.
Value Walk is three months shy of its second anniversary. Last month was a record with 45k viewers and 85k views. Additionally the demographics are astounding (advertisers pay attention): 58% of visitors to the site make over $100k per year. Most of the viewers are from the US/Canada and work in the financial industry.
Regular visitors to the site include analysts, associates, traders, portfolio mangesr, CEOs etc. from the following companies:
Blackrock, Highbridge Capital, Glenview Capital, Ziff, MFP Partners, Ivory Investment, Falcon Capital, Glenview Capital, Tudor, Eaton Vance, Diamond Hill, Citadel, D.E. Shaw, Enso Capital, Greenlight Capital, Passport Capital, Black Diamond, Capricorn Investment, Moon Capital, Ellington Management, Eminence Capital, CFIP, Levin Capital, Peregrine Capital, Ritchie Capital, Fortress Group, Owl Creek, Glenview Capital, Farallon Capital, Blackstone Group, Bain Capital, Silver Point Capital, Tiger, Markel, Spark Capital, TIIA-Cref, GMO, TCW, Fidelity, Trillium Asset Management, KKR, Morgan Stanley, Regions Financial, Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, UBS, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Wachovia, BNY Mellon, RBC, JP Morgan, BNP Paribas, Deutsche Bank,Piper Jaffray, Societe Generale, EFG, Jefferies & Co, Stifel Nicolaus, Morgan Keegan & Co, Cantor Fitzerald & Co., Lazard, Guggenheim Partners, Invesco, Northern Trust, Brookfield Asset Management, T. Rowe Price, Fortis Investments, Henderson, M&G Investments, Calamos Anima Sgr, Montrusco Bolton, Baillie Gifford, F&C Asset Management, Royce & Associates, Everest, Manulife, etc.