Members can login here, update profile here, and reset password here. Most issues are usually web cache related if you clear your web cache and re-open browser that usually works. If you are still having trouble please contact us ASAP at [email protected] we will help ASAP.
New features will be introduced to the paywall, which will be customized further in the coming months, but below are the main points.
See more info at bottom, you can sign up below. Note you MUST click activation link after you sign up to set your login. Please check spam for email. If you do not receive one contact us at [email protected] and we will do it manually. Please read our Q&A below before buying,
- Ad free version! See the big difference between the same article here for regular readers, and here for premium readers
- NEW: Out IT just coded this – embedded sign up for our free newsletter form (which was not an ad per our lawyer but still) will not be shown to logged in subscribers!
- Everyone will be able to read new articles
- Access to our best content – read by everyone in the industry
- Full time students, those who work in journalism, education or at non-profits are welcome to receive a free pass. Just contact us at [email protected] with subject line “Paywall” and we will set you up asap.
- We offer discounts for multiple users at institutions – please contact [email protected] for further discounted rates
- Get all of our in-depth investor books
- Knowing you are supporting quality journalism and not listicles of watermelon contests. We have worked with FINRA, SEC, many other regulators, and even Secret Service on fraud related to stories we have covered.
- Receive a $50 discount for our yearly subscription to HiddenValueStocks.com
- All payments are processed securely through paypal – you can even sign up if you do not have an account simply by using a credit card on paypal.com – if you would like to pay by check, wire, or other methods please contact us at [email protected], more on that below
Some content older will cost a small fee. Although we are profitable without any paywalls, despite much competition, we need more money to pay good wages, support our growth and (unfortunately) cover increasing legal costs due to unethical and immoral legal trolls, and we want to diversify our business model further.
Everyone who is interested in value investing and hedge funds. Our readership ranges from CEOs/CIOs of the biggest funds of the world to backoffice first year employees at bucket shops.
In all seriousness, we are read by very influential people and that is why we are careful with our reporting and pride ourselves on ethics (which is why we willingly forgo thousands of dollars in easy cash every month because we do not want to aid potential fraud ie penny stocks, CFDs). We even have glowing on the record endorsements from one of the most famous shortsellers and the CEO of a top $4.5B hedge fund. We have a lot more off the record ones from famous investors but we cannot use because of their compliance policies.
How many subscribers do you have?
Confidential, but its in quadruple digits (meaning over 1,000 paying subscribers and a few hundred free members).
What are payment options?
Paypal – yearly and monthly – prices change but it is currently is $59.99 or 8.99 monthly – you can use a credit card on paypal even if you do not already have an account. If you want to pay by check/ACH/Credit Card/Stripe or other method that is fine just contact us. Do not send us any private information in email like credit card number because we do not want to get sued if we get hacked. We can send an invoice from Quickbooks for credit cards and other payment methods for secure processing.
Can i cancel?
Yes at any time!
How do i cancel?
Please TRY first to do via Paypal it is easy one click of a button. It is very easy and here is a short guide. If you signed up through mediapass please contact them to unsubscribe at [email protected] (866) 787-7665. If you still need assistance contact us.
Do you offer refunds?
What if i have issues?
Then please contact us at support or info @valuewalk.com and we will try to help you ASAP. NOTE: you MUST click the activation link after you sign up with paypal to set your login account info
What do you offer?
Explained above but in short a totally ad free version of site with access to some of our best older material, and top investor studies
Why not use adblock?
- Some normal functions of the site unrelated to ads do not work with ad blockers
- It might not block all ads – you cannot defeat Google
- You cannot access a lot of our great content with an ad blocker
- You should support quality journalism.
- Watermelon contests are bad for the health of society
What is the discount for organizations?
It depends on how many logins you want but we always offer a decent discount if over 5 and even if just 2 we can offer a slight discount.
What type of organization?
Any for profit but we usually are contacted by banks, hedge funds, private equity etc for multiple logins. If that description fits you hit us up for an office discount
Do you have support?
Most issues are usually web cache related if you clear your web cache and re-open browser that usually works.
Yes if you have any issues please email us [email protected] and we will get back to you ASAP. While we are always available 9-5 on business days we highly value our paying subs so we will try to help as quick as we can.
That said …. the system is pretty self explanatory and besides refunds discussed above or passwords which you could reset there is not much service usually needed, but please contact us with any questions. See further down for more info.
Can i share my login?
It is illegal. Will we sue you? No, but it is not cool especially since we are not a giant like Netflix (not judging on that either but at least they have billions in revenue) and the price is not unreasonable at all – so you might want to consider signing up for another pass instead and/or donating.
Who gets free passes?
Anyone involved in creating news/analysis (big or small), is a full-time student, teaches, or works at a non profit. If you contact us we will set you up ASAP, no proof needed just contact us from your work/student email and that suffices.
If you are an outside contributor you can also receive a free pass.
Is the adfree version ad-lite or adfree?
No ads – see below
What if I am still seeing ads?
On mobile if you see ads go to bottom and click on classic version of the site or request desktop version after that there will be no ads.
Sometimes we test new ads or features and forget to disable them for adfree version. If you are logged in and still seeing ads please contact us ASAP at [email protected] so we can disable that unit.
I have more questions about support
We provide limited amount for basic issues (where it is our fault we will help as much as we can), but we cannot hold your hand for $59.99 a year. If you are going to be an annoying customer who calls/emails with lots of irrelevant and annoying questions and does not know basic site navigation please donate $5000 a year or do not subscribe at all.
We believe that “the customer is always right” is mostly true but 1% of the time it is not and those 1% can be a real pain to deal with.
95% of the time we have no issues with customers and we add free months if we are the cause of any issues.
What percentage of readers unsubscribe?
We do not have exact stats but 95% are fine, happy and have no issues.
We have only banned one of the thousands of readers who ever signed up (and of course we gave them a full refund)
Where are the TOS?
According to our lawyer these are the legal TOS for premium so we advise you to read them carefully even though we are not trying to sell any shakes.
What are the investor studies?
In-depth books on famous investors and value investing. Nearly every book was produced in house by our Rupert Hargreaves and it took considerable time and money. We did not outsource overseas to try to get some quick cheap book written – these studies are quality and cost thousands of dollars to produce. The full list below
- George Soros
- Benjamin Graham
- Henry Singleton
- Michael Burry
- Ray Dalio
- Charlie Munger
- Warren Buffett (early years)
- Walter Schloss
- Timeless Reading
- Little e-book of value investing
- Seth Klarman
- Carl Icahn
- Small cap investing
- Activist Investing
- Short selling (coming soon)