Important note: on 1/06/2017 – we just switched paywall systems – everyone from our old method was transferred over you can login here and reset password here. If you are still having trouble please contact us ASAP at [email protected] we will help ASAP.
See more info at bottom, you can sign up below
New features will be introduced to the paywall, which will be customized further in the coming months, but below are the main points.
- NEW – Ad free version! See the big difference between the same article here for regular readers, and here for premium readers
- Everyone will be able to read new articles
- Readers accessing (most) old content will be able to view several articles, after which point they will be asked to pay a few dollars a month to gain access to our archives.
- Those who work in journalism, education or at non-profits are welcome to receive a free pass. Just contact us at [email protected] with subject line “Paywall” and we will set you up asap.
- We offer discounts for multiple users at institutions – please contact [email protected] for further discounted rates
- Get all 12 of our in-depth investor books
- Knowing you are supporting quality journalism and not listicles of watermelon contests. We have worked with FINRA, SEC, many other regulators, and even Secret Service on potential fraud related to stories we have covered.
- Receive a $50 discount for our yearly subscription to HiddenValueStocks.com
- All payments are processed securely through paypal – you can even sign up if you do not have an account simply by using a credit card – if you would like to pay by check or other method please contact us
As always, readers are welcome to donate, although if you are trying to choose between donating to a good charity and ValueWalk, we obviously insist you pick the former! That said, we look forward to using this extra money to keep our progress going and provide more valuable journalism. I hope to write a post on that topic of what the goal of financial journalism should be, so stay tuned.
Jacob, Founder, ValueWalk.com
SIGN UP NOW
Some of you may have noticed a paywall for some content over the past few weeks. We reluctantly ran a test of charging a nominal fee for our old content and another one for asking those with ad-blockers to turn them off or pay a nominal fee (we hope to introduce tiered pricing shortly), to our wild surprise, the results of the tests were incredible and we have hundreds of subscribers just a few months after the test.
We currently have no plan to charge for new content (that could change and I do not want to make an ironclad promise) but some content older than 30 days will cost a small fee. There is a metered model, so you may be able to view some but not all articles. Although we are profitable without any paywalls, despite much competition, we need more money to pay good wages, support our growth and (unfortunately) cover increasing legal costs due to unethical and immoral legal trolls, and we want to diversify our business model further.
What are payment options?
Paypal – yearly and monthly – prices change but it is currently is $59.99 or 6.99 monthly – you can use a credit card on paypal even if you do not already have an account. If you want to pay by check/ACH or other method that is fine just contact us.
Can i cancel?
Yes at any time!
How do i cancel?
Please TRY first to do via Paypal it is easy one click of a button. It is very easy and here is a short guide. If you still need assistance contact us.
Do you offer refunds?
Not really – you can cancel – this is not an expensive product for our wealthy readership and quality journalism costs some money. If you REALLY are dissatisfied to the level of potentially complaining to paypal we will offer you a refund. Please do not file a complaint with paypal if you want a refund – even a single complaint really hurts small businesses like ourselves. If you are dissatisfied we will refund you manually.
What do you offer?
Explained above but in short a totally ad free version of site with access to some of our best older material
Why not use adblock?
- Some need and normal functions of the site unrelated to ads do not work with ad blockers
- You cannot access a lot of our great content with an ad blocker
- You should support quality journalism.
Do you have support?
Yes if you have any issues please email us [email protected] and we will get back to you ASAP. While we are always available 9-5 on business days we highly value our paying subs so we will try to help as quick as we can. That said the system is pretty self explanatory and besides refunds discussed above or passwords which you could reset there is not much service usually needed, but please contact us with any questions.
What is the discount for organizations?
It depends on how many logins you want but we always offer a decent discount if over 5 and even if just 2 we can offer a slight discount.
Can i share my login?
It is illegal. Will we sue you? No, but it is not cool especially since we are not a giant like Netflix (not judging on that either but at least they have billions in revenue) and the price is not unreasonable at all – so you might want to consider signing up for another pass instead and/or donating.
Who gets free passes?
Anyone involved in creating news/analysis (big or small), is a student, teaches, or works at a non profit. If you contact us we will set you up ASAP. If you are an outside contributor you can also receive a free pass.
Is the adfree version ad-lite or adfree?
What if I am still seeing ads?
Sometimes we test new ads or features and forget to disable them for adfree version. If you are logged in via WordPress and still seeing ads please contact us ASAP at [email protected] so we can disable that unit.
Why am i seeing copyrighted info behind the paywall?
We are extremely cautious about copyright issues. Sometimes mistakes occur. If you see any content behind the paywall which we do not own the rights to please contact us ASAP at jacob(@)valuewalk.com. For regular copyright issues please view our DMCA.
What are the investor studies?
In-depth books on famous investors and value investing. Every book (besides number 10 below) was produced in house by our Rupert Hargreaves and it took considerable time and money. We did not outsource this and try to get some quick cheap book written – these studies are quality and cost thousands of dollars to produce. The full list below
- George Soros
- Benjamin Graham
- Henry Singleton
- Michael Burry
- Ray Dalio
- Charlie Munger
- Warren Buffett (early years)
- Walter Schloss
- Timeless Reading
- Little e-book of value investing
- Seth Klarman
- Carl Icahn
- Small cap investing – coming soon!