We appear to be back on a normal schedule now, folks. After last week’s surprise back to back release of iOS 11 beta updates, a full week has passed in between updates. Evidently, whatever bug Apple wanted to clear up last week has been taken care of and it’s back to business as usual. Today, iOS 11 beta 10 and iOS 11 public beta 9 were released for everyone participating in the beta programs. As usual, there aren’t really any new features to speak of from the last iOS 11 beta update. The beta program is mainly for ironing out bugs and working on fixes prior to a full public release. Of course, if you’re still running iOS 10 on your device then you will notice a few big changes when making the move to iOS 11. Ready to get going?
As usual, the process is very easy for those already in the beta program. The update should be available OTA just like any other iOS update. If you haven’t yet installed an iOS 11 beta on your device then the process is a little more involved but still very quick and easy.
First, before I detail how to download and install iOS 11 beta 10 and iOS 11 public beta 9, I have to do my little disclaimer. These versions of iOS 11 are still in the beta stage. They are getting closer and closer to a final release state but there are still some bugs to be expected. Just ask anyone who has had trouble with the App Store. If your device is your daily driver, your life line, your work device, or you just don’t like dealing with bugs then I strongly recommend waiting for the final release before you update to iOS 11. The beta may have some bugs that affect your experience. You have been officially warned. Now, if you’re still interested in downloading and installing the iOS 11 beta 10 build or the iOS 11 public beta 9 build then continue reading below.
Install iOS 11 Beta 10
- Open Safari on your device and navigate to this link.
- Tap “iOS 11 (beta 10)” if your browser does not automatically redirect you.
- Tap “Install” when prompted. You may be asked several times. Just keep pressing “Install.”
- You will then be asked to reboot your device.
- After rebooting, go to the “Settings” app, then tap “General” and then tap “Software Update.” You should see iOS 11 developer beta as a download option. Download and install iOS 11 beta 10 just like any other iOS update.
Install iOS 11 Public Beta 9
- You will need to be on the latest version of iOS. Update through the settings app if you haven’t already.
- Register with the Apple Software Beta Program here.
- Once you are registered, using the same link above, click “Log In.”
- Accept the terms and conditions. Read them if you really want to.
- On the device that you want to register for the beta program, visit www.beta.apple.com/profile
- Sign in and then tap “Download Profile.”
- When prompted, tap “Install.”
- You’ll see a consent form. Tap “Install” again.
- Restart your device when prompted to install the profile.
- After restarting, you will be able to download and install iOS 11 public beta 9. Go to the “Settings” app, tap “General” and then tap “Software Update.”
That’s all there is to it! The beta program is a great way to get a taste of iOS 11 before the official public release. If you are wary of installing a beta version of iOS, no need to worry; the full public release should be coming very soon. Apple is having their big iPhone 8 event next week and, if history is any indication, iOS 11 should be ready for a public release around then.
Still on the fence about making the jump? Wondering what iOS 11 is all about? We have some articles to help you familiarize yourself! First, check out our piece with the best iOS 11 features that you will be able to enjoy. Then, get your skills up to snuff with our iOS 11 tips and tricks!
Are you already in the beta program and running iOS 11 beta 10 or iOS 11 public beta 9? Notice any big bug fixes or changes from the last updates? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below! The countdown to the full iOS 11 release is on!