With search engine optimisation for Google, you need to consider a significant number of factors for your business to succeed. This guide looks at some strategic steps to help you build SEO in Google for your website to help you get started on the right foot.
Pay Close Attention to the Content You Generate
The content you generate for your website will have an impact on your SEO ranking in Google, so don’t underestimate how powerful it actually is. Content development works beautifully for both search engines and visitors to your website. The more relevant content you generate, the more likely visitors will spend more time on your website. Search engines make note of that and will use more of your web pages in the search engine index – thrusting your ranking upwards. A reputable search engine optimization company suggests that your content should include:
- Creation of blog posts about topics related to your website’s business.
- Industry articles and white papers that elevate your authority as an industry expert.
- How to guides and tutorials showing visitors how to follow your desired call to action.
- Videos, pictures, podcasts and infographics to demonstrate visual power on your website.
- General articles covering topics related to your business.
Creating high-quality content for your website takes time and money, but the effort is well worth it when you see it translate into tangible results for your business. Search engines like Google love good content and visitors will find it easy to navigate through your website.
Build Links to Your Website
Link building is a key SEO task for Google because it helps cement your reputation as an industry expert, especially if inbound links come from other well-respected websites in your industry. How do you go about getting links for your website? There are plenty of ways to go about it – some methods are better than others. Here are some ways you can build links to your website:
- Organic links – these are links that you automatically generate from other websites through great content on yours.
- Whitehat links – Whitehat links are good quality links that come from authoritative website, which may require you to put in some effort.
- Blackhat links – Blackhat links are poor quality links that you should ideally avoid because you can end up getting penalised by Google in the long run.
Websites generally have a difficult time generating organic links to their website, which is why link building has turned into a popular service offering from SEO experts. Some key ways to build links include:
- Authoring blog posts relevant to your industry and guest posting them on third party websites.
- Reach out to non-competing businesses relevant to your industry and getting them to link to you.
- Creating social media profiles to reach out to a larger audience for more incoming web traffic.
- Creating content worthy of links like informative infographics.
Work on Your Website Navigation
Make sure that your site is easily accessible. When users cannot easily navigate through a website, they get bored and quickly move on to another. Good navigation allows visitors to easily go through your website’s pages without too much trouble. A good sitemap will ensure that visitors don’t have to go through tons of pages to find what they want. Benefits of an easy to navigate website include:
- Visitors spend more time on your website, pushing up your ranking in Google.
- Visitors are more likely to follow your call to action with an easy to navigate website.
- Google will view this favourably and will increase your rankings in the search pages.
Structure Your Website to Handle Keywords
Your website structure will impact its Google ranking, so you must plan it in a manner that each page has its own set of relevant keywords. Structuring your website creates a clear theme for each page, and makes it easier for visitors to understand what’s on offer for maximised relevance. Key points to consider for your website structure include:
- Ensure each web page has at least one primary keyword and several secondary keywords for greater optimisation.
- Be as specific as possible with each web page for maximum relevance.
- Avoid using too many keywords for a single web page because this can make it confusing for users and will hurt your SEO efforts in Google.
- Use heading tags to decipher between primary and secondary keywords, including long-tail versions.
A clear website structure with every page dedicated to specific keywords creates greater relevance and enhances search visibility.
Building SEO in Google requires developing a strategy, so consider these steps in order for your website to be successful in the long run.