Apple recently released the latest version of Final Cut Pro X 10.3, and it’s one of the biggest updates ever given to the software. In this article, we’re going to guide you through the process of getting it completely FREE. However, before we begin, let’s take a look at what this new update brings with it.
New features in Final Cut Pro X 10.3
With a redesigned interface which includes a new magnetic timeline, Final Cut Pro X 10.3 now enables media to be easily organized and delivers incredible performance. This is because it uses all of a Mac’s GPU for real-time playback. Additionally, the update now enables Final Cut Pro X to deliver more variation in 2D and 3D titles, and there’s even new video effects such as new floor transitions.
It also has integrated audio editing and is able to take advantage of the Touch Bar on the new Mac Pro. These are just a few of the new features delivered by the update; you can find out more here.
System requirements for Final Cut Pro X 10.3
Just like with any other software, you need to make sure your system can run Final Cut Pro X. Here are the required specifications:
- OS X v10.11.4 or newer
- Minimum of 4GB of RAM, with 8GB recommended for 4K editing and 3D titles
- An OpenCL enabled graphics card or alternativel Intel HD 3000 graphics or later
- Minimum of 256GB of VRAM, with 1GB recommended for 4K editing and 3D titles
- A 64-bit CPU
- A minimum display resolution of 1280×768 or higher
- At least 4.15GB of disk space available
If you meet all of the above system requirements, you can now move on to the tutorial part of this article.
How to get Final Cut Pro X 10.3
Before we begin, we must note that many users of this method of getting Final Cut have seen this message: “Final CUT Pro X is damaged, and it can not be opened. You should eject the disk image after downloading it.” The solution to this is to go to System Preferences –> Security and Privacy –> General –> Allow Apps downloaded from and then select Anywhere.
However, if you’re using MacOS Sierra, it blocks this option by default. So to solve this problem, go to Terminal and type subo spctl –master-disable.
Now we can begin the tutorial:
- To get the software, click here. If you see an advertisement, wait for 5 seconds and then click Skip Ad in the top-right corner.
- Once it has downloaded, open the Final Cut Pro X 10.3 DMG file.
- Now drag and drop the file into your Applications folder. This could take a few minutes, so please be patient.
- When the file has transferred, you can now go and open Final Cut Pro X 10.3. It may take a few seconds to verify the install, but the software should now work.
Even though you have the software and it works, please note that it cannot be updated via the Mac App Store. Instead, we will update the download link on this page when a new version becomes available.
We hope you enjoy using Final CUT Pro X 10.3. If you have any questions about the above tutorial or the software, please use the comment section below.