On today’s bigger screened iPhone’s, it seems as though not many people use their full capabilities. As handsets like the iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus all have the ability to make use of a split screen feature, which make the viewing space on the handsets much better. However, the problem seems to be that most people, just do not know how to use it, and because of that in this article I am going to tell you how to do just that and then how to turn it off!
How to use Split screen on your iPhone 6
Making use of the Split screen feature on your iPhone is easy to do, all you need to do is hold your handset in landscape mode. Now if you’re checking email via the mail app on your iPhone 6, you will be able to see a number of emails on the left hand side and the content.
This content will tell you how you can make use of the split screen mode for your handset. Furthermore, you will also be able to toggle the feature on and off from there, if you don’t want to use it.
Activating Split screen Mode
If you need to activate this mode, doing so is easy, all you have to to is turn your handset on its side and it splits the content straight away! The apps that are compatible with this iPhone 6 feature are: Mail, Calendar, Messages, Stocks, Reminders, Voice Memos, Contacts, Clock.
In the image below you can see the messages app in Split view. It displays a list of the most recent messages and the one, which you are currently reading or responding to.
How to Turn Off Split Screen Mode
Now for whatever reason you may have, at some point in the future you may need to know how to turn off the Split screen mode. As always it is simple to do, so just follow the below instructions carefully.
1. First off you will need to launch the settings app on your iPhone 6, 6s, 6 Plus and 6s Plus.
2. Find and then tap on the display and brightness option.
3. Look for the Display Zoom section and underneath it you will see “View” tap on it. When you are in the Display Zoom section you will find two options, Standard and Zoomed
4. You should choose to tap on Zoomed.
5. Next look for set, you will find it in the top right side corner of your display. Now an menu will appear, be sure to choose Zoomed.
6. And then tap on Use Zoomed.
You should now find that your iPhone 6 will restart, and once it has you will discover that the split screen feature has gone from all of the compatible apps I mentioned earlier.