If shopping online is the trend of the generation, Amazon is the trendsetter. Being one of the biggest e-commerce portal, Amazon has the widest reach with some really interesting facts that I am sure you are not aware of.
Amazon is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with various operational websites in different parts of the world like USA, UK, Canada, France, Ireland, Spain, Germany, Italy, Australia, Netherlands, Brazil, Japan, India, Mexico and China.
Amazon has had a lot of acquisitions in the past 12 years. Some of them include Zappos.com, Twitch.com, Kiva Systems, Exchange.com, Quidsi, Love Film, Audible, Alexa, Goodreads and Woot.
Here are the infographic made by unboxing deals that will explain you this in a better way.
Most Interesting Things You Need To Know About Amazon [Infographic]
Some more interesting facts & Stats:
- If both freelancers and full timers are to be included, Amazon provides work to more than 2, 30,800 people.
- The first ever book that Amazon sold was for 27.95$ to John Wainwright. The name of the book was Fluid Concepts and Creative Analogies: Computer Models of the Fundamental Mechanisms of Thought by Douglas Hofstadter.
- Amazon has always been a record breaker and it proved that on the very first day of its launch when it attracted orders worth $12000 in one day.
- Another record breaker in Amazon’s history was when they ordered 181 acres of wrapping paper and 2494 miles of red ribbon to complete their holiday season rush.
- Amazon is as cool as amazing it is. Well, they have around 15000 robots employed in their warehouses to help out the staff.
- In the year 2004, Amazon was a company worth $6.9 Billion and over the years they have grown to $107 Billion as counted in 2015.
- I hope the infographics helped you in knowing all that you want to about Amazon.com. To know more, keep coming back!