The free-credit-score website WalletHub today released its 2016 Credit Score Fun Facts, which are based on a nationally representative survey that revealed a number of crazy correlations between our credit standing and our likes, dislikes and lifestyles.
You can find a handful of highlights below:
- Celebrities: 88% of people with excellent credit prefer Taylor Swift to Kanye West.
- TV Hosts: Charlie Rose has the most fans with excellent credit (66%), while James Corden has the most fans with bad credit (41%).
- Music: Pop music has the most fans with excellent credit (52%), and Hip-Hop has the most fans with bad credit (43%).
- Sports: Hockey has the most fans with excellent credit (53%), and soccer has the most fans with bad credit (34%).
- Pets: Dog lovers are more likely to have excellent credit than cat owners (46% vs. 40%).
- Politics: John Kasich has the most supporters with excellent credit (60%) and Hillary Clinton has the most supporters with bad credit (26%).
- Banking: USAA is the most trusted bank among people with excellent credit, and Capital One is the most trusted among those with bad credit.
- Tech: iPhone users are the most likely to have excellent credit (56%), while Blackberry users are the most likely to have bad credit (46%).
For WalletHub’s complete list of Credit Score Fun Facts, please visit:
While most of us don’t know our credit score, this powerful three-digit representation of financial responsibility reveals an awful lot about us. Not even just as it relates to money. Sure, your credit score does indicate your ability to obtain credit as well as its ultimate cost. But it also says so much more, from how difficult it will be for singles to find spouses to which presidential candidate we’re most likely to vote for.
In search of an even deeper understanding of how our tastes, interests, lifestyles and demographics either influence our credit standing or serve as a reflection of it, WalletHub conducted a nationally representative survey of 1,000 people. We asked respondents to check their credit score, obviously, and then followed with the hard-hitting questions that are on everyone’s minds these days. Questions such as, “Who do you like more: Kanye West or Taylor Swift?”, “Who is your favorite late-night TV host?”, and “Are you a cat or a dog person?”
You can find the complete results – a mix of fun facts and crazy correlations tied to the most important number in person finance – below.