Hedge Funds Struggle With Short Yuan Trade
Fighting a central bank is a tough battle to win, especially for a hedge fund with limited capital. But betting against the yuan is one of the hottest trades on Wall Street right now, with many of the hedge fund industry’s biggest stars claiming that they are short the currency.
However, in recent weeks, the People’s Bank of China has stepped up its efforts to stabilise the country’s exchange rate and now speculators are being forced to look for yuan proxies to bet against instead.
If you’re interested in reading more about the short yuan trade, which has been called the trade of the century, you can do so at the links below:
- Horseman Global Fund Ltd January 2016 Letter: Long Bonds, Short Equities And Yuan
- Kyle Bass Explains The Yuan Short Bet [VIDEO]
- Mark Hart: The Yuan Devaluation Still Has 50% To Go
- Horseman Capital: The Yen and the Yuan Likely to Move Another 25%
- Odey Still Bearish Says Yuan Will Have To Fall “By At Least 30%”
Hedge funds struggle to hold short yuan positions as the PBOC fights back
Please login to view the rest of this article - Not subscribed? Get our adfree exclusive content for only a few dollars a month.
It also helps us fund our operations so think of it as supporting quality journalism.