Pentair, Cardica, Casella Waste Systems: This Week In Activism by Stock Pucker
This Week In Activism – Sept. 15
- Broadfin Capital takes Cardica to task over the poor work of the board in a letter.
- JCP Investment is still at it with Casella Waste Systems, pushing the company to put two nominees on the board.
- Mill Road is looking to buy Learning Tree International for $1.80 a share.
- Trian Partners and Nelson Peltz got a board member on the Pentair air board.
- EJF Capital has a 5.4% stake in Alexander & Baldwin. The fund is looking to discuss spinning off the real estate leasing business.
- Praesidium Investment is active on Flotek Industries with a 5.2% stake. It’s looking to break the company up
- Burlingame Asset is active on Sycamore Networks looking to change the corporate governance.
From the web—
- The juiciest bits from Bill Ackman’s crusade against Herbalife
- Nelson Peltz and activist investors are not as evil as you think
- Activists looking overseas as U.S. markets get crowded
Email us at [email protected] with questions or feedback. Until next week.